FFB plugin (v2.6 upd 08.02.2022) / AT plugin

supric

FFB plugin (v2.6 upd 08.02.2022) / AT plugin

#1 Post by supric » 24 Sep 2013 07:29

[ external image ]

Version: 2.6 (ATS compatible)

[ external image ]

I never liked default in-game Force Feedback (FFB) by Logitech and SCS that features a terrible empty/dead zone in the center.
I have a Logitech G27 and i wanted to get more from it. With the release of the telemetry SDK (God bless SCS :)) I've got the chance to make my and others dreams come true. Here's the result, everybody can test what i have created. :)
I've tried to accomplish a kind of "civil" behavior of the FFB, a very "gentle" spring from electro/hydro power steering and mainly a sharper center position for a better sensation on the road.

In addition to this, I have created another plugin - Adaptive Automatic Transmission (AAT) emulation, featuring user customizable settings.

[ external image ]
FFB plugin v2.6 (This is a plugin, not a mod.)
Included in zip file - dll's, ini's & readme
This Version:
- ATS compatible

AT plugin v2.1 x64 version (This is a plugin, not a mod.)
Included in zip file - dll's, ini's

[ external image ]

[list=1][*]You need to put this file into the ETS2 game installation folder at this specific location:

[list][*]Retail: C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins
[*]Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\plugins[/list]

[*]Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher (v.4.5: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=30653)
[*]Microsoft C++ 2012 redistributable x86 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=30679)
[*]It is recommended that your logitech profiler settings are set to certain values, check the next post for more details.
You can change it later to your liking, but the plugin was tested with these settings. FFB will be more realistic with the correct settings.
[*]You need to turn off your in game FFB for this to work correctly.
[*]If you are using the Adaptive Automatic Transmission plugin, set "Left Shift" to "Gear Up" and "Left Ctrl" to Gear Down. Otherwise it won't work.[/list][/color]

[ external image ]

FFB plugin
[list][*]No FFB deadzone on G27, G25, DFGT!!!
[*]Attempt at simulating a "realistic springing" effect on stationary truck.
[*]Steering wheel vibrates when engine is under high load. (while using a too high gear on uphill, for example)
[*]Centering point shifts when road slopes to the left or right.
[*]Steering wheel reacts to collisions.[/list]

AT plugin
[list][*]You can customize RPM limits for shifting gears!
[*]Engine start gear selection. (seen on Scania trucks)
After starting engine, set gear manually and accelerate. Transmission will shift down to selected gear only. (or 1 gear lower, in some situations) To reset start gear, turn off engine.
[*]Intelligent engine braking mode. Truck runs on higher RPM and lower gear with accelerator up/released.

[list][*]Activation 1: Press the "exhaust brake" binding. You can hold it down or press and release, engine brake stays on.
[*]Activation 2: Push the brake pedal beyond 75%.
[*]Activation 3 (automatic): When going downhill and you release the accelerator, the engine brake activates if speed increases 5 to 10 km/h or higher from the point of accelerator release.
[*]Deactivation: Push accelerator beyond 15%.[/list]

[*]"Adaptive" shifting mode, shifting depends on how far you have pushed the accelerator in the last several minutes.[/list]

Broken things/downsides
[list][*]Reverse gear shifting is manual.[/list]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FFB plugin v2.0 alpha (10.03.2015)

Fully reworked physics&program model of ffb.
Feels more correct (espesially near center position, at high speeds), but it's don't smooth as v1.0. Uploaded for tests & your feedback.

Some unfixed issues present - wheel can "ticking" over center position is some situations, hold it tight by your hands.
Be careful with params in ini file - changing some values (workzone, highly increasing steering force/steering speed) can make your wheel "aggressive" when you start to drive.

FFB plugin v2.1 alpha (15.03.2015)

Fixed and calibrated FFB physical model. Fixed ticking wheel.
Collision forces enabled again, but still w.i.p.
Additional comments for params in ini-file

FFB plugin v2.2a (17.05.2015)

Changes:
1) Real physical model of steering wheels self-stabilization
2) 5 new G27 LEDs modes.
3) for more real steering feel, you have to adjust steering ratio to real truck values. Default steering ratio is 900/(35*2)=12.86. Real trucks uses values 22-25. to adjust it, change in controls.sii steering line:

Code: Select all

config_lines[169]: "mix steering `dsteering - (0.56 * normalize(abs(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0)), c_steer_dz) + (0.22 * c_steer_func) * (pow(normalize(abs(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0)), c_steer_dz), (1.0 + c_steer_func * 0.5)))) * sign(sel(c_jisteer, -j_steer?0, j_steer?0))`"
this way you'll get 2 steering modes by switching nonlinearity slider in game settings:
- when nonlinearity set to left - 22.96 linear steering ratio, but decreased steerable wheels range (19.6 degrees) - for driving
- when nonlinearity set to right - non-linear steering ratio, starts from 22.96, with full steerable wheels range (35 degrees) - for maneuvering on loading/unloading places

if you want to synchronize your G27 with animated steering wheel - you can use a little mod for default left-handed trucks, that expand steering wheel animation to 1600 degrees: http://sharemods.com/fzk37t3hbvvt/zzzz4 ... l.scs.html[/color]

FFB plugin v2.3a (30.06.2015)

Changes:
1) Tyre self-stabilization improved (espesially at low speed)
2) New param added to LEDs mode - using real/game time scale for time calculations in modes 1 & 6
Additional comments for params in ini-file

Real_G27_ffb_x64.zip - 41 KB
Real_G27_ffb_x86.zip - 35 KB

FFB plugin v2.4 (02.02.2016) - ATS compatible

Changes:
0) ATS compatibility.
1) Tyre self-stabilization improved
2) Some minor code improvements
Additional comments for params in readme files inside archive

Real_G27_ffb_v2.4.zip - 1.0 MB (Eng, rus readme included)

FFB plugin v2.5 (30.01.2017)

Changes:
1) Bug fixing in lateral steering force calculations.
2) Lateral truck slope added to calculation of lateral steering force.
3) Steering wheel shakes when truck stopping is fixed.
4) Added additional parameters in ini file for those who using several controllers, to define exact controller for plugin processing.
5) Added additional parameter in ini file for recording debug info in log file.

Real_G27_ffb_v2.5.zip - 2.2 MB (Eng, rus readme included)

FFB plugin v2.6 (08.02.2022)

Changes:
1) Researching photos of steering axle of real trucks, I’ve increased in ini-file value of half_axle_length. That’s the distance between a steering hinge and a middle of the wheel. Due to this steering wheel becomes more sensitive to the road surface, and self-stabilization on slow speed becomes closer to real physical model (params of self-stabilization returned to 100 instead of 50/200).
2) Enhanced smoothing on high speed near zero point. Smoothing zone increasing with speed (steering_workzone_truck_speed_enhance). When the player begins to turn his steering wheel too fast, plugin begins release force feedback for a moment and to guess steering wheel’s future position and apply additional smoothing (parameters steering_workzone_wheel_speed_enhance, steering_workzone_multiplier, steering_forward_param).

ffb_x64_v2_6.7z - 1.0 MB (Eng, rus readme included)

Enjoy. Keep my original DL link when sharing. Thnx.

P.S. Feedback from you is welcome. Your suggestions for steering wheel behavior can be helpful for me in future versions.
Last edited by supric on 08 Feb 2022 17:26, edited 13 times in total.
supric

Re: ffb plugin for Logitech ffb steering wheels (g27,g25,DF

#2 Post by supric » 24 Sep 2013 07:29

supric

#3 Post by supric » 01 Oct 2013 21:50

Plugin updated.

7) Influence of a slope of a road to steering wheel (in this video, i don't touch my G27, it's only ffb) 8) driving jr overtaking one-wheel on the roadside will be not so simple as in default ;)
hugobereta

#4 Post by hugobereta » 02 Oct 2013 17:27

I tried this setup, step by step, but it's not working to me.

Later I'll try again, updating my .net to last version.
supric

#5 Post by supric » 02 Oct 2013 18:40

hugobereta wrote:I tried this setup, step by step, but it's not working to me.
Somebody finally won't get it work after all steps. I still don't know what's the matter.

If it don't working after all steps, you can try to unstall Visual Studio 2012 (or later) Premium (this can be just trial version).
iFoK

#6 Post by iFoK » 19 Oct 2013 22:50

Thank you for this little mod/plugin, really like the feeling of the wheel now.
Kinta

#7 Post by Kinta » 27 Oct 2013 14:13

Works well with my DFGT! Thank you! :D
supric

#8 Post by supric » 09 Nov 2013 22:30

Update ffb plugin, now includind economic automanic transmission simulation!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/33gb1t

Settings:

1) Left Shift - set to gear up
2) Left Control - set to gear down.
(it works by simulating keypressings)
3) Choose sequental transmission in settings.

Go to your truck.
4) Set G25/G27 H-shifter to position "5"
5) Start engine, set sequental transmission to "1", start.
6) Enjoy!

If you switch off h-shifter from position 5, you will switch to simple sequental mode.
You can switch it on and off right on the way (moving forward only!)
*Switching to position "1" - will switch "power mode" for moving on high rpm. But i never use it.

While pressing exhaust brake - rpm goes up and gears go down to brake more effective. If you switch off exhaust brake - rpm was still high, for effective motor brake, till you press accelerator pedal.
Pasilius

#9 Post by Pasilius » 11 Nov 2013 11:21

Great mod! However, I found it to bee just tad too rough. And when I removed the dll, the ffb is just terrible.
How do I revert back to the way it was? Right now, I either have to use your dll or drive with a ffb that resembles the one in Scania Truck Driving Simulator..
iFoK

#10 Post by iFoK » 15 Dec 2013 11:31

Hello, are you planning an update for this plugin??

Return to “Steering wheel + pedals”