How to install mods on ETS2

Uzi

Re: How to install mods on ETS2

#21 Post by Uzi » 02 Jul 2014 16:39

TLDR version. Learn to back up your known good NON MODDED profile first before playing with mods, unless you don't care about lost game time that is.

If I may suggest any new to this sort of thing that read this check out this video first
before jacking around with mods with this game or ANY game as it is relevant.

How to do it safely and a guideline on what to do with game saves/ profiles before jacking with (installing) game modifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDpsDcDyECk

Watch it all as the English gent there does provide procedures you can use to protect you
valued game profile.
It may not be relevant at all with the mods he uses but the point is the procedures one uses
to keep track of what one has done over time for those of us incapable of using notepad and or paper and pencil.

Plus, as a American I find listening to British sounding people amusing and relaxing.
You may too.
Craig

#22 Post by Craig » 24 May 2015 02:38

Thanks for this very detailed information on mod installation. I'll have to send a special thanks to DaSquirrelsnuts for the awesome video too.
Spacedeck

#23 Post by Spacedeck » 21 Oct 2015 10:09

ANSWER:

Download mods. If they are in an archive, look inside to check if there are more than one mods. Normally, the mods have the file extension scs. Plain zip works, too. Extract them from the archive, if that is the case. A mod must is a single file. If you end up with more files with extensions such as sii or other than zip or scs, then you've gone too deep with the archive unpacking.
How do you amend this part? Should just deleting this and unraring again provide me with the single .scs file needed?

I downloaded a Mod which produced folders and .sii files when unraring.

Thanks
xwerswoodx

#24 Post by xwerswoodx » 13 May 2016 23:03

Hi, I have a problem with downloading mod from workshop. I just wanted to download some mods from Workshop but I don't understand they are downloading or not. It just said Downloading MODs (1 left) but never finishes.

This is my internet speed test;
IMAGE: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5323519819

I have Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Steam version) Gold (Going-east) and Scandinavia DLC pack.

I wanted to download this;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =673130767

I have 3.7mb download speed per second.
IMAGE: http://i.hizliresim.com/gozkWN.png

And I am waiting nearly 20 mins for downloading this mod but what I just see is;
IMAGE: http://i.hizliresim.com/pPqRGn.png

I don't know what I need to do for downloading workshop from steam, am I doing smt wrong?
EvgenKo423

#25 Post by EvgenKo423 » 31 May 2016 17:31

Just subscribe for mods from your browser, not in-game. Choosing mods is not a fast process anyway, so why doing it from inside the game?

Also, have you tried to leave Mod Manager and enter it again? Restart a game?
xwerswoodx

#26 Post by xwerswoodx » 09 Jun 2016 14:46

Yeah I tried all but I solve it with restarting computer, I think I need to be restart steam to download mods, I don't know why, but when I restart computer and run the game, it works.
hamzaashraf1

#27 Post by hamzaashraf1 » 20 Aug 2016 13:52

frieds no mods work for my ets 2

i installed them correctly

i pasted the .scs files in C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mods folder and when i run the game they show in mod manager and they are installed correctly but when i load the game it says mod missing

i tried installing again and again and compatible mods with my game version but it dosnt work please help
Last edited by Reef on 20 Aug 2016 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use an image hoster like imgur for images, attachment feature is for bug reporting purposes only
Soilingcomic

#28 Post by Soilingcomic » 02 Oct 2016 07:18

I'm on mac OSX & Steam and fail to install mods since the directions are written for PC owners.
I believe it is impossible to overrule the Steam mod manager by manually installing mods anywhere in the directories.

Happy to be proven wrong anyway. I guess I'm the only mac user on this forum so I have to find it out on my own :(

Edit: I tried replacing the contents of a mod I don't use anymore but Steam deleted it from the list immediately.
IonutL

#29 Post by IonutL » 02 Oct 2016 11:47

A simple Google search for 'ETS2 mods mac' will give you the solution. Regarding Steam mods, they are located in the Steam instalation folder-> steamapps folder-> workshop folder.
Soilingcomic

#30 Post by Soilingcomic » 02 Oct 2016 11:59

Those instructions are from last year and don't work in 1.25

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”