[FAQ] Truck list with specifications

speedo1998

[FAQ] Truck list with specifications

#1 Post by speedo1998 » 17 Dec 2013 14:48

Hey mates,

Here's a list of all the trucks in the game along with their respective specifications (power, fuel capacity, gearbox and whatnot).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To sort:
1. Select the column you want.
2. On the menu bar, go to Data
3. Select 'Sort Sheet by column "the one you selected", A -> Z' or 'Sort Sheet by column "the one you selected", Z-> A

I decided to make this list because no one else seemed to have created something like this yet (although there didn't seem to be much of a demand for it anyway). It started off as a personal project but then I found a thread that was requesting this very information so I put it onto Google Docs and here it is now for everyone to enjoy.

Since it's on Google Spreadsheet, I've permitted edits to be made by anyone with the link because that's the only way you can sort it through the browser (I know how you all are too lazy to download it unless you must :P ) so I'm trusting you guys not to delete random things and change it to random values. Since I've given permission to edit, I might as well let you guys edit it if you see anything wrong or if something updates. Just post a note here on what you changed so it can all be tracked.
I'm not too sure what happens if two or more people use it at the same time (haha might make the page refresh a dozen times as everyone tries to sort it their own way) so if it turns out to be a problem, I'll remove permission to edit and you guys will have to download it. Any requested changes will have to be put here and I'll change it when I have the time.

Anyhooooo, I'll let you guys have permission to edit it for now.
Enjoy my early Christmas present to this forum!

Merry Christmas!

Changelog:

20/12/13
- Added colours to the colour cells (as per Cadde's suggestion)
- Added instructions to this post
- Added changelog
Last edited by speedo1998 on 19 Dec 2013 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Cadde

Re: [FAQ] Truck list with specifications

#2 Post by Cadde » 17 Dec 2013 23:43

Looks good!

I edited the sheet name to "Dealership trucks" as that is what that page lists.
Someone could give the color cells their respective colors if they want to. To spruce things up.

I don't have enough energy to add stuff to the list right now and in the future ETS 2 Studio will be able to make an automated report on all the trucks and their components anyways.
For now this list will be very helpful to the users that want to see what alternatives exist.

Someone already made this sticky. Otherwise i would have.
On extended hiatus.
Flywheel

#3 Post by Flywheel » 17 Dec 2013 23:46

wow speed, awesome work.
speedo1998

#4 Post by speedo1998 » 19 Dec 2013 14:25

I've added simple colours now and maybe when I have more time, I'll use the real colours of the trucks for each cell although it might be a bit pointless once ETS 2 Studio is making automatic reports. Any guesses on when that might happen?
Cadde

#5 Post by Cadde » 19 Dec 2013 16:38

Nope. Anytime from next year to infinity. Just saying it's in my brain.
On extended hiatus.
Cobus

#6 Post by Cobus » 05 Jun 2014 03:09

Is there a way to have it where it lists the HP and such for each upgrade so you know if you get a certain truck at Engine upgrade 3, you'll have X amount of HP or maybe how many upgrades there are for each truck. I've read some trucks have 3 engine upgrades while others have 10. If this is pointless, please forgive me. As you'll notice, this is my first post and thus I'm very new to the game. I've only had to rest once and haven't even had to fill up gas yet - that's how new I am. I heard ya'll were a very friendly and welcoming community though. I do already have my first truck and garage (in Berlin). I hope this was a good place to start a garage. I figured a major hub with lots of connections. I have heard on a second garage it's good to get it as far away as possible (been checking for one in Alaska so I can run the Dalton or Canada to do some iceroad trucking but no luck yet. Would be cool if they added that) Obviously I had to take out the bank loan to do this and for the first time I lost money when I had to rest. I've been wondering (and I apologize that this may not be the right place to ask but it just kinda goes with it and if I need to redo this and move this part of the question just tell me), is it better to take a job available where you drop a load or take a job off the board that offers the most per km and spend the time/gas to drive there? Thanks for the help truckers.
Former Marine Infantry
Current Army Combat Engineer NCO / EOCA - IED Disposal
Route Clearance Leads the Way!

Was the Route Clearance for the largest offensive of the war to take control of Southern Kandahar (Birthplace of the Taliban).
DicheBach

#7 Post by DicheBach » 02 Jul 2014 04:16

Cobus wrote:Is there a way to have it where it lists the HP and such for each upgrade so you know if you get a certain truck at Engine upgrade 3, you'll have X amount of HP or maybe how many upgrades there are for each truck. I've read some trucks have 3 engine upgrades while others have 10. If this is pointless, please forgive me. As you'll notice, this is my first post and thus I'm very new to the game. I've only had to rest once and haven't even had to fill up gas yet - that's how new I am. I heard ya'll were a very friendly and welcoming community though. I do already have my first truck and garage (in Berlin). I hope this was a good place to start a garage. I figured a major hub with lots of connections. I have heard on a second garage it's good to get it as far away as possible (been checking for one in Alaska so I can run the Dalton or Canada to do some iceroad trucking but no luck yet. Would be cool if they added that) Obviously I had to take out the bank loan to do this and for the first time I lost money when I had to rest. I've been wondering (and I apologize that this may not be the right place to ask but it just kinda goes with it and if I need to redo this and move this part of the question just tell me), is it better to take a job available where you drop a load or take a job off the board that offers the most per km and spend the time/gas to drive there? Thanks for the help truckers.
Hey Cobus, fellow American here and thanks for your service to the nation :)

If you are driving for hire, the engine will automatically teleport you wherever your job starts. So in that phase of the game, it is best to either take the highest paying, else highest pay per distance, else a job that allows you to explore an area you haven't yet. One strategy I've developed while playing the driver for hire is to take jobs that have a large time window and then use that time to explore; it jacks up your XP, and as long as you don't crash, can increase your pay for the job too.

If you are driving your own truck, then certainly leaving a town WITHOUT a load will generally be a bad idea, unless of course there is an exceptionally good load to pick up down the road, or just nothing to pickup in your last arrival town.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”