How to transform my copy in a STEAM one?

barry

Re: How to transform my copy in a STEAM one?

#51 Post by barry » 19 Jun 2015 19:01

Excellent, many thanks

Regards
Dakodo

#52 Post by Dakodo » 16 Jul 2015 13:41

Cheers. I want to buy the game so my trailer doesn`t disappear anymore. Am I going to be able to use the profile I'm using right now and my save or am I going to have to create a new profile ?

Thank you!
jarvik79

#53 Post by jarvik79 » 16 Jul 2015 18:18

Depends how badly your pirated version has damaged your profile - you might get lucky.
Dakodo

#54 Post by Dakodo » 16 Jul 2015 18:46

How am I gonna find out if I'm still goin to be able to use it? Is my trailer still goin to disappear even though I bought the game?
Last edited by Unco on 16 Jul 2015 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote of entire previous post
jarvik79

#55 Post by jarvik79 » 16 Jul 2015 19:39

Try it and see.
Worst case scenario, you get to enjoy levelling up again :)
Dakodo

#56 Post by Dakodo » 16 Jul 2015 21:14

Well, thats not that bad. The bad part is that I'm loosing all my drivers and all the money and the time I spent to buy trucks and garages and all that stuff.. Whatever. I hope it works.
Thank you for helpin me out!
T6A5

#57 Post by T6A5 » 21 Aug 2015 21:03

Just a couple of questions on the issue of using Steam (I'd really prefer not to but I want to play multiplayer). I am not technogically advanced and I don't even know a lot about gaming so I apologize if any of these are stupid questions. :?

Well, the first one is... do you actually have to be playing a Steam copy to play multiplayer? I have always been told you do, but a friend of mine recently told me that is not the case, (and I haven't found anything on so I'd like to get some clarification on the subject. And now:

1. As I understand it, if you activate your retail version on Steam, you can still continue to use your retail version independently of Steam. However, if my computer crashed and I had to reinstall ETS2 after activating it on Steam, would I still be able to use the same product key to activate it outside of Steam? My default assumption is yes, but everything surrounding Steam and game keys is confusing and strange so I'd like to make sure before I do something I may potentially regret. :lol:

2. Is it possible to maintain a separate profile and mod list for your Steam version, if multiplayer is indeed steam only? I'd prefer not to utterly mess up my existing save game because of all the crashes in multiplayer, and keep the two separate.

Thanks in advance for any answers, and for tolerating my lack of technical and gaming know-how.
Reef

#58 Post by Reef » 21 Aug 2015 21:19

T6A5 wrote:Well, the first one is... do you actually have to be playing a Steam copy to play multiplayer?

You should really ask in the appropriate forum, the Official SCS Forum does not deal with the ETS2MP mod you should look here for your answer https://ets2mp.com/

T6A5 wrote:1. As I understand it, if you activate your retail version on Steam, you can still continue to use your retail version independently of Steam. However, if my computer crashed and I had to reinstall ETS2 after activating it on Steam, would I still be able to use the same product key to activate it outside of Steam? My default assumption is yes, but everything surrounding Steam and game keys is confusing and strange so I'd like to make sure before I do something I may potentially regret. :lol:
You are correct, you can use a legitimate key as many times as you like
T6A5 wrote:2. Is it possible to maintain a separate profile and mod list for your Steam version, if multiplayer is indeed steam only? I'd prefer not to utterly mess up my existing save game because of all the crashes in multiplayer, and keep the two separate.
Read this tutorial.. http://newwayhaulage.co.uk/Tutorials.html#hd
T6A5

#59 Post by T6A5 » 22 Aug 2015 03:10

Right on... thanks!
Dan1981

#60 Post by Dan1981 » 20 Dec 2015 12:07

Hello all,
My first post here, after searching this thread is the closest to my question but doesn't seem to give the full answer? I bought ETS on CD and installed it - I wanted to download some skins etc which are in steam. I have a steam account as I also play spintires. When I went to download the skins it said I can't as I have to have ETS already. Now obviously I don't want to have to buy the game again, so how can I tell steam that I already have the game? I tried to go through the steps of buying the full game from steam but didn't see anywhere to input any codes. I assume the code is the one printed inside the CD case?

I'd like to get the Scandinavian pack soon but feel a bit hesitant until I know what is happening - I did wonder if I could download that from steam and would that then allow me to download skins etc?

Yours confused,

Dan.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”