Best Graphic card

SabR

Re: Best Graphic card

#21 Post by SabR » 28 Sep 2014 14:02

I agree with jarvik on this. You can save £50 and use it to buy a mid level card for your gaming rig. Now, unless you plan to sell off the Dell system with a lower tier discrete GPU, I guess most of us would advise on staying with your current rig.
thebigbadonion

#22 Post by thebigbadonion » 28 Sep 2014 14:26

Yeah, I just noticed the one your using now thing. The only reason I would put a graphics card in to the dell, over the one oyu have now is if another family member is going to be using it as well. Otherwise the one your using now is better than what ever video card you'll end up wiht for £50. So yeah, stick with what you have otherwise.
davidzoli

#23 Post by davidzoli » 30 Sep 2014 06:37

Please help me find out what is the problem with my rig or config :(

Code: Select all

CPU:    DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 270, 3416 MHz (17 x 201)
MB:     ASRock N68C-GS FX  (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, 2 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
RAM:    4096 MB  (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
GPU:    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650  (1 GB)
I saw DorinDXN's video and I saw that is much better than my experience. I compared GTX 750 and my card and I think there is no a big difference... But see my full res screenshots :(

[ external image ]
(click for full resolution and watch the fence)

[ external image ]
(click for full resolution and watch the fence)

Power lines are the worst, but I don't want to spam a lot picture.

I tought, I have to buy 2-4 times bigger GPU performance, but the video made me uncertain about that. I play 1080p @ 100%
Is my GPU enough and I have to buy CPU or... I don't know. I do buy a pc for $2000 if necessary but after that video I think I needn't have a GPU for $600 to get normal (better than on the pics) objects in the distance.

Please help me find out where is the main bottleneck in my system.
thebigbadonion

#24 Post by thebigbadonion » 30 Sep 2014 07:00

I'm honestly confused by your problems. I have a GTX650 as well. Here's my specs

Intel i3 4130
8gb ram
Geforce GTX 650 2gb

I too play at 1920x1080 @100% scaling. Generally I get around 40fps, (although in places with a lot of detail, especially on map mods, it can drop well below that) with the vast majority of settings turned to high and ultra I do have Anti aliasing turned off though, since the method ets 2 uses doesn't work well with nvidia cards.

Here's a video I recorded a while ago on my pc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yqALhz ... 9Ek-qd_5Qw

Just bare in mind when recording using fraps, which I was for this video you tend to lose around 10fps.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card., and try to use the Geforce experience program to set the game up for you, see what that does.
davidzoli

#25 Post by davidzoli » 30 Sep 2014 07:25

Could you post your motherboard too please?
My one has only PCI-E x16 2.0 not 3.0. And i have only 1gb gpu ram. Hmm... :|

Around 40 fps is the same in cabin view.
My driver update is automatic, there was one last week.
As i remember my AA set to 8. I will try things when i get home from work :)
Thank you
thebigbadonion

#26 Post by thebigbadonion » 30 Sep 2014 07:31

My motherboard is just a basic Asus Asus H81M-E uATX with H81 chipset It was the cheapest board I could find at the time by a company I knew :lol:

The pcie x2.0 may have something to do with it, mine is a much newer board so uses pcie x3.0 but I did read something a while ago, that said it didn't make a huge difference usually like 3 or 4fps on most games. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure.

Here's a link to it. Ignore the pci express 2.0 on there, Asus say otherwise, since they made it... :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E ... UTF8&psc=1
DorinDXN

#27 Post by DorinDXN » 30 Sep 2014 09:26

davidzoli wrote:Please help me find out what is the problem with my rig or config :(
I saw DorinDXN's video and I saw that is much better than my experience. I compared GTX 750 and my card and I think there is no a big difference... But see my full res screenshots :(

Please help me find out where is the main bottleneck in my system.
If helps, for that video these settings were used
Nvidia Inspector
http://www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/ets2/ets2nip.jpg

Game settings
http://www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/ets2 ... ttings.jpg

cheers,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here
Miggs

#28 Post by Miggs » 30 Sep 2014 13:00

You could try downsampling: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076

This has been known to provide better results than full screen AA with less performance hit.
Or you can do both for the max benefit but needs a powerful card. This is what I do.

Heed all warnings.
Cadde

#29 Post by Cadde » 30 Sep 2014 13:44

PCI-E 2.0 vs PCI-E 3.0 is a moot issue here really and has nothing to do with visual fidelity or your current frame rates (at least not in a significant manner for fps).
It only affects resources being transmitted between CPU space (Motherboard/RAM/CPU cache/CPU) and GPU space (GPU cores/memory)

The difference is in data transmission rates. PCI-E 3.0 allows near double the transmission rate to 2.0 but it's not like 2.0 is too slow as it is. Especially when a game is programmed in such a manner that data transfers doesn't affect the other processes going on. Also known as multithreading. Which, given, ETS 2 doesn't do. But we aren't talking about a game that has a development team the size of DICE nor it's in depth knowledge.
If they were to go that far then ETS 2 would have to be as popular as the Battlefield series to not sink the company.
On extended hiatus.
davidzoli

#30 Post by davidzoli » 30 Sep 2014 13:46

Thank you all for your effort!

It's sure I have some misconfiguration or defected hardware. I'll keep on trying. If you can run the game in that quality level... something is wrong on my side and that is not a weak GPU. Maybe. I tought, I have to buy a video card, but it's not sure now.
Thanks again.

Return to “Help center - player to player”