Idiot ai driver

Chumbucket

Idiot ai driver

#1 Post by Chumbucket » 06 Jan 2014 15:08

Ok I know maybe there is mistake on my part but the ai driver is stupid.

Here is the story.
I am rushing a delivery, because I accidentally press enter after I sleep(So I sleep 2 times not 1).
I going down the motorway at about 70mph.
suddenly a white ai car indicate to change into my lane. (Its was about 20 metres in front)
I quickly blasted my horn and highbeamed that idiot warning him not to filter in.
Until I was 5 metre behind him, he still didnt move in. So I decided not to brake and just continue. Suddenly that bastad turn in and even with parking brakes, normal brakes and engine? brake I cannot stop in time and the car pinned under my truck. causing me 10% dmg.

Because that idiot stuck there I cannot move and have to call assistance. I also got crash offence fine, which I feel is unfair.
And his stupid mistake cause me repairs and assistance. Which cause alot. My goods also damage and ofcourse in the end is late.

And most probably that driver died when my truck crush his car. But someone should be responsible for my losses.
What should I do to get compensated for all that?

Maybe game should include insurance in next update?
jarvik79

Re: Idiot ai driver

#2 Post by jarvik79 » 07 Jan 2014 01:17

Chumbucket wrote:I am rushing a delivery[...]I going down the motorway at about 70mph
Then to my mind you deserve all the damage you get. You're in charge of a gross ~40 tons of metal. You're in a killing machine. Drive with a bit more care and perhaps there will be less damage.

Besides, the AI rewrite has been discussed many many many times, and even on the official blog.
Cadde

#3 Post by Cadde » 07 Jan 2014 01:27

There is an AI update coming some time soon that may solve many of these issues.
That said, sometimes it's just the nature of collisions. It's costly for both parties involved.

If insurance were to be added to the game then the income levels would have to drop. Income levels are high to account for the occasional bump and scratch in the game.
On extended hiatus.
supric

#4 Post by supric » 09 Jan 2014 09:13

nftbu

#5 Post by nftbu » 09 Jan 2014 09:45

Is this your video? What lightning mod are you using?
supric

#6 Post by supric » 09 Jan 2014 10:39

Video is mine, mod is mine too :) I gather it from different pieces of other lightning & weather mods and improved it "a little" :)
celestra

#7 Post by celestra » 09 Jan 2014 16:06

So the driver indicated to move into your lane . But you decided to ignore the fact and still try and pass the vehicle .
The use of the horn and headlights does not give you the right of way .

Who was in the overtaking lane , you or the ai driver ,

Sometimes it just takes a bit of common sense to avoid accidents like this .

If you drive for real you will come across a lot of instances of other drivers indicating and pulling into your lane .

PS in the UK if you hit someone from the rear it is always classed as YOUR fault unless you can prove without question the other driver was negligent

Return to “Help center - player to player”