Braking Hard

#1 Post by zrex01 » 14 Sep 2013 19:43

Hi,I would like to know why the trailer seems to slam hard and creating
damage when braking hard. ???
TNX
rado84

Re: Braking Hard

#2 Post by rado84 » 14 Sep 2013 21:59

Because this is what happens in real life. When you brake hard you have damaged cargo. Put some crates with eggs in your car and brake hard. After that I'll ask you why some of the eggs have become omelette. :lol:
And the heavier the cargo - the harder it is to brake with it.
Baja_002

#3 Post by Baja_002 » 16 Oct 2013 16:03

Well I've been a witness in a car accident where truck was involved. Crazy lady decided to run a red light and truck loaded with roof tiles had to brake really hard to avoid the collision, unfortunately he couldn't stop in time and demolished that car. However I must say that cargo was a real mess after he checked it when police arrived, even though everything was secured and strapped to the trailer there was a obvious movement and damage to the cargo.

It's the law of physics and you can't avoid that, especially when trying to stop the 30-40t truck...

[EDIT] Thank God nobody was injured in this one
Last edited by Baja_002 on 16 Oct 2013 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
n4gix

#4 Post by n4gix » 16 Oct 2013 16:43

Early this morning here in Chicago a small car darted out from a side street without braking at all, and a heavily loaded garbage truck T-Boned the car...

...in fact, the car wound up trapped beneath the front wheels of the truck, then exploded into flame. All three women were trapped in the conflagration and burned to death. The driver of the truck was luck to escape without serious injury.
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 16 Oct 2013 16:46

Thanks for the info... :shock:
Retired, but still loving it.
n4gix

#6 Post by n4gix » 16 Oct 2013 16:50

I should have added that the truck driver reacted as quickly as possible and locked all wheels trying to avoid a collision...

...but despite over 100' of burned rubber, he still hit with enough force to get on top of the car with the front end. It sure is tough to stop ~24T of garbage from 30 mph... :shock:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)

Return to “Help center - player to player”