so I brought the game.

hoochnz

so I brought the game.

#1 Post by hoochnz » 28 Mar 2017 21:39

Hi peeps.

I shall prepare myself for the butt reaming now, I pirated the game and played George a week, fell in love with the game quite unexpectedly, and purchased it last night along with all the dlc's. To my delight in found I could continue to play my saved game however, because the pirated version had a steampunk DLC I cannot load my saved game. I realise I'm probably out of luck, but is there a way to purchase the steam punk dlc's, or am I forced to make a decision about which version to play.

Many thanks for your responses.
IonutL

Re: so I brought the game.

#2 Post by IonutL » 29 Mar 2017 09:25

Steampunk Paint Jobs Pack DLC is a DLC which was available only in the first week after the release of American Truck Simulator:
Here is the deal: Go to the American Truck Simulator Steam page and choose "Follow" to make sure you get all the important announcements through Steam's Friend Activity feed during the period leading to the game's release.
In exchange for the "follow," we are ready to give you an exclusive gift: a set of unique Steampunk-themed truck paintjobs. It's perfectly OK if you buy the game in a retail box or any alternate digital channel - so long as you follow the game's official Steam community announcements and activate your game on Steam during the week after its release, you are eligible for this bonus.
PS: you posted in ETS2 part of the forum.
Komat
SCS Software

#3 Post by Komat » 29 Mar 2017 09:30

The Steampunk DLC is removable, you can continue with load of the save of after the warning screen.
Roadkill

#4 Post by Roadkill » 29 Mar 2017 11:21

Bad pirate, Now that they have your confession and IP address you may be getting a visit from the copyright cops. You might want to erase all those other games and software before they get there. Oops :oops:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S8CikF][img]http ... .jpg[/img]Hoochnz by https://www.flickr.com/photos/148764637@N03/, on Flickr[/url]
Last edited by Roadkill on 29 Mar 2017 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 29 Mar 2017 11:40

You'd be surprised how many well known members of this community pirated ETS2 or an earlier game and that is the reason they own them now.

Frankly if someone pirates it and then buys it I see no harm in it at all. Nothing was truly lost but they gained a fair bit (over £100 with all the DLC in fact). Admittedly in ETS2/ATS case, pirating is not really necessary since there is a perfectly good demo available. But still...
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Roadkill

#6 Post by Roadkill » 29 Mar 2017 11:58

Ah yes, the time of the pink truck. :lol:
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
TwinShadow

#7 Post by TwinShadow » 30 Mar 2017 00:04

Eh, I pirated ETS2 WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before it came to Steam. Like, around 1.8 or so if I recall. Lot has changed since then, that's for sure. But back then, I had no real source of income, and the time-limited demos were.. stupid at the time. (seriously, an hour?) That's basically why I download games because almost every single developer lost the concept of what a demo is suppose to be. Now, SCS has changed how the demos work, which is fine. But back then, it wasn't so fine.

Personally I don't really want to turn this into a discussion on pirating games, but personally speaking, I can only justify one company I'll never buy from... two cookies for those who can guess. =P
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Mar 2017 04:07

Uhhh, EA?

By the way, I bought ETS2 after about 10 minutes.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
TwinShadow

#9 Post by TwinShadow » 30 Mar 2017 04:12

Wow that was fast, guess I'll have to go fetch dem two cookies then.
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Mar 2017 04:35

[ external image ]
Cookies! Me like Cookies!

But that was actually too easy. Nobody likes EA.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Help center - player to player”