Can't enable mods ingame

Scania_V8_Rat

Can't enable mods ingame

#1 Post by Scania_V8_Rat » 18 Apr 2017 13:54

Hello everyone,

as you can read here (viewtopic.php?f=111&t=231937) I solved the issue regarding my wheel, but now I can't enable mods.
My game version is 1.26 (the tempory version), because I'm too mean to buy France DLC needed for Promods 2.16 and 1.27.xx :lol: and as I mentioned the sentence before, I'm running it with Promods 1.12, the Roadhunter 62 Pack (Heavy Haulage trailers) for 1.26, Oversize Trailer V1.26 from [Fred_be] and that's it.
So, I recently downloaded Roadhunter's MAN Tuning Mod (for 1.27 because I couldn't find a version for 1.26) and his Volvo FH16 2012 8x4 10x4 package (for 1.26.xx). I unpacked the RAR files and placed the .scs files in my mod folder. They appear in Mod Manager, but however I can't activate them: if I click on activate, the mod moves to the right list of active mods, but when I save the changes and re-open Mod Manager again, the new mods are all deactivated.

Anybody out here who can tell me how to fix it?

Cheers
Yannik
SlavikSD

Re: Can't enable mods ingame

#2 Post by SlavikSD » 18 Apr 2017 15:27

You can show the photo with the deactivated mods?
Scania_V8_Rat

#3 Post by Scania_V8_Rat » 18 Apr 2017 17:10

SlavikSD wrote:You can show the photo with the deactivated mods?
Here is an overview over all mods in Mod Manager and a screenshot of the folder itself:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
SlavikSD

#4 Post by SlavikSD » 18 Apr 2017 18:42

I don't understand you very well... You activate the mods in the Manager, click "Apply" and then what?
Scania_V8_Rat

#5 Post by Scania_V8_Rat » 19 Apr 2017 19:16

Again: I click on apply to exit the Mod Manager, but when I re-open it (doesn't matter if I load a savegame or just click again on Mod Manager when in Main Menu (start page of ETS2)), some mods (e.g. Volvo FH16 2012) aren't enabled anymore. No red lights for "incompatible", but no lights like "inactive".

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you that you're trying to help me with that issue!
SlavikSD

#6 Post by SlavikSD » 19 Apr 2017 21:27

Very interesting! :geek:
Give me a link to the mod Volvo FH16 2012 which you may not be connected. I want to check.
marcel-dutch

#7 Post by marcel-dutch » 19 Apr 2017 22:06

@SlavikSD: I know that truck. It's my current truck. Works perfectly.

https://ets2.lt/en/volvo-fh-2012-8x4-an ... 21-26-x-x/
Scania_V8_Rat

#8 Post by Scania_V8_Rat » 07 May 2017 11:52

I've no doubt, that the truck works in general for other people, however, this isn't the problem here: as the topic header says, I can't enable any mod ingame (though some are enabled like promods and the Actros SLT and work fine). I can't add other mods, even if they are located perfectly in mod folder and enabled in Mod Manager - they won't show up ingame.

What could be a reason for this issue and how to solve it?
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 May 2017 16:47

Please read this, and ignore anything that does not apply to your situation...
Axel Slingerland wrote:Please post the entire contents of your game.log.txt file, and your game.crash.txt file if your game has crashed. If the logs are too large to fit in one message you can use Pastebin.com to post them. Unless you have installed the game in a non-standard way (such as using "-homedir"), or don't use Windows, here's where you'll find these files:

Windows XP:
C:\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\game.log.txt
C:\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\game.crash.txt

Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10:
C:\Users\**Your User Name**\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\game.log.txt
C:\Users\**Your User Name**\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\game.crash.txt

If you use mods, you might also want to create a new Profile that has never had any mods applied to it, run the game with that Profile, and then post your logs. You also need to write a detailed description of the problem you are having. There are a lot of people here that are willing to help you, but they need to know what is happening. They can not guess, so it's up to you to explain the situation.

Remember, the more information and detail you provide when you need help, the higher the chances that you will get whatever it is that you need.

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Blackspots

#10 Post by Blackspots » 08 May 2017 02:59

Did you extract them if they were in a zip, rar or 7z archive?
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “Help center - player to player”