ETS2 or ATS with earplugs

Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: ETS2 or ATS with earplugs

#11 Post by Mohegan13 » 28 May 2017 11:18

Search Google for Silent mice/keyboards. You can find some really cheap options out there. The shhmouse is really quiet, although the middle mouse/scroll wheel button still make a noise, but it could be quiet enough that earplugs filter out the noise. The mouse is only $10.

Keyboards are a little harder. By nature they aren't going to be completely silent, but there are still some options out there that are cheap and may help.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Axel Slingerland

#12 Post by Axel Slingerland » 28 May 2017 20:40

Jaikstheuggle wrote:The mechanical soundclicks of the mouse and keyboard can not be undone.
I understand what you're referring to. And I meant to tell you this before but old memory chips have a tendency to lose data... In other words, I forgot. [ external image ]

Peripherals are not all created equal. There are some quieter keyboard and mouse combos available. But you will either have to go to a store with a lot of different ones and try them all in person, or take your chances buying them online. The most I have ever seen in one "brick and mortar" store was 5 different keyboards and a couple of different mices. (Yes, I said mices...) You could try some of these Silent keyboard and mouse combos, but then there's the problem of them costing a lot more than standard sets, not being able to test them in person, online purchase returns for those that don't measure up, etc.

I also recommend something else mentioned on that page, Noise Cancelling Headphones. Again you'll have the same availability and or online return issues, but also the fact that they can be even more expensive and you may not like wearing them all the time. However, I have a pair from Bose that cost me $90.00 at Costco (and most likely would be a bit more anywhere else) that sound fantastic. They always remind me of a pair of professional Sennheiser's that cost me $350.00 back when I was on the road with my band years ago.

Both of those pairs of headphones are "brain squeezers", but I solved that problem by putting them on something bigger than my head when I am not using them. I use a one of a pair of "book shelf" speakers for that. They're just big enough to stretch them out so they aren't so tight anymore.

I hope some of these ideas help you...

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Jaikstheuggle

#13 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 04 Jun 2017 19:32

My final solution became good quality over-ear headphones with the musicplayer active and steam controller as emulating and all that is way over my skills. Rubbermats type horribly.
Using mods as well for the first time, a bit off-topic though . Get rather tired with all the music playing all the time, but thats all part of my handicap i guess. It covers all background sounds of chatty neighbours nearby stressing me all the time. This already reduces my reasons for getting anxiety the first place. Thanks for the tips folks.
Axel Slingerland

#14 Post by Axel Slingerland » 05 Jun 2017 17:43

Jaikstheuggle wrote: 04 Jun 2017 19:32 Get rather tired with all the music playing all the time...
Do you like Game of Thrones? They have all 5 books of the A Song of Ice and Fire series are available on CD. They're kind of expensive so I checked them out of my local library. All tolled, there are 161 CD's with (if I recall correctly) 210 hours of the books being read, unabridged, by Roy Dotrice. According to Whackypedia, he voices more than 500 distinct characters. However, in my opinion, some are not all that different from others. But even so he pulled it off pretty darn well. I've finished the first three books, and am now on the 5th CD of book 4, A Storm of Swords.

Then of course, there are many other sources of audio besides books and music, with many of them available for free on the Internet.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Jaikstheuggle

#15 Post by Jaikstheuggle » 07 Jun 2017 07:10

Yeah thanks i realise there are plenty of options, but i actually meant the constant soundproduction rather then the music itself. Can you imagine being very sensitive to sound and then play music all the time...its really tiredsome mentally/physically , or however i should describe the body-exposure.
Its the best solution though as i wipe away all other random sounds in the area , and makes me focus to one soundsource only , in that aspect it helps.
This Over-ear headphone idea with steam controller (which is pretty clumsy and useless with any other game haha) seems the best solution so far, and believe me i had tried a rubber keyboard in the past , so i only had to search for it and re-attach to the system. All other keyboards were never sufficient enough. Mouseclicks resembles a lot of clicks on controllers in the same way , the steam one however takes away a few buttonclicks. And using the best controllersetup (locatable in the menu for controllersetup options) was the way to go.

Maybe a professional course in emulating or using keyboard apps in general should be a thing to consider, but that might take time. My PC-experience is a bit low.

Return to “Help center - player to player”