Renault Magnum (again) [2202]

ohaha

Re: Renault Magnum (again)

#11 Post by ohaha » 08 Feb 2013 21:00

Karlip wrote:Sideskirts one is reported to Mantis already. Thanks for the concern though and thanks for the pictures. ;)
Now he's wondering what "Mantis" is :D
Retired, but still loving it.
nevesu

#12 Post by nevesu » 11 Feb 2013 22:03

Before the game had all required licenses we used to say, that those models look so funny, just because they couldn't look prefectly like original.

But now, we simply see, that someone is unable to create a decent model :) I don't know how many modelers tried to contact SCS for some volunteer help, but nobody replied so ... :lol:
b101uk

#13 Post by b101uk » 12 Feb 2013 01:06

nevesu wrote:Before the game had all required licenses we used to say, that those models look so funny, just because they couldn't look prefectly like original.

But now, we simply see, that someone is unable to create a decent model :) I don't know how many modelers tried to contact SCS for some volunteer help, but nobody replied so ... :lol:

On the other hand you can quite easily argue most amateur modellers are incapable of doing good low polygon modals or sticking within a budget and being as efficient as possible in their use regardless of how high an opinion they have of their own skills! instead they lavish million+ polygons on a truck modal or make ludicrous polygon count wheels &/or complain about the geometry buffer being to small etc, or make statements like they don’t like to use textures for/on bits of their truck/trailer etc and mock things done by others who HAVE to make things that work often with multiple AI instances on the lest powerful computers set out in the games minimum PC specs.

Remember, a really good modal (independent of the game environment) with a high polygon that doesn’t work, or causes problems on some PC or overloads a particular aspect of display disproportionally in the game environment IS in essence nothing more than crap, while on the other hand something that works, that is within spec and functions on all PC without problem while at the same time looking just OK is in essence MUCH better even though outside game environment I may be considered less technical ergo not as good by people who don’t know their arse from their elbow.
nevesu

#14 Post by nevesu » 12 Feb 2013 11:40

Well, I'd rather do high poly model which looks like original, than something like that magnum :lol:
Magic

#15 Post by Magic » 12 Feb 2013 16:08

The Magnum is fine. Renault were happy enough to certify it and approve the branding. What next - the radius of the curvature of the door handle is not correct? :?

The sideskirts - now that's a proper bug.
ohaha

#16 Post by ohaha » 13 Feb 2013 13:45

Can we close this?
Thanks, I knew you'd approve.
Retired, but still loving it.
Michal
Site admin

#17 Post by Michal » 10 Apr 2013 15:03

Ok, we will try to check model. But I can not promise that there will be the fix.

Do you speak about this "flat" as I marked on screenshot?
[ external image ]

FYI:
- indicators are fixed
- positional lights are fixed
- mirrored side skirts skins are fixed

knox_xss wrote:The new patch came out...
But the Magnum's bugs that are present since the first version of the game has not yet been fixed.

Clickable screens will tell about them...
[ external image ] [ external image ]

As a fan of Renault Magnum, on behalf of all of the same declare: please do Magnum normal to be nice to play the game and that Renault Trucks has not withdrawn its license. Thank you!
Michal
Site admin

#18 Post by Michal » 10 Apr 2013 15:10

BUGS: 9725
QA: 2202
knox_xss

#19 Post by knox_xss » 06 May 2013 15:10

Michal wrote:Ok, we will try to check model. But I can not promise that there will be the fix.
Do you speak about this "flat" as I marked on screenshot?
Not only.
Look at this screen...
[ external image ]

Thank you!
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!

Return to “bugs 1.3.0”