Rendering (?) of the old maps

knox_xss

Rendering (?) of the old maps

#1 Post by knox_xss » 22 Feb 2013 21:07

Actually, this is not a bug in the usual sence. :oops:

Situation: no mods (except for old map only), default map from version of the game 1.2.5(.1) opened in version 1.3.0 looks like this...

[ external image ]

Rebuilding whole map (F8) and "Build map" produced no results.

Destination: from Bern to Milano.

Assumptions:
- Rendering of the map in new version (1.3.0) was changed.
- Map changes have been made manually in version 1.3.0.
- (?)
What is the answer?

Why do I ask?
I've created map mod on version 1.2.5. In new version (1.3.0) this mod of the map actually becomes useless.
The question is: if I recreate my map mod on version 1.3.0, its the same fate on the next versions of the game?
Thank you.
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Rendering (?) of the old maps

#2 Post by Flemming V » 22 Feb 2013 21:41

Yes, each time you see a new build, you have to do you work over and over again. (If you want all map updates in your map.)
Unless someone can explain us different.
celestra

#3 Post by celestra » 23 Feb 2013 00:17

If you want to mod the map you either have to start again with each update or not update your game and keep the older build . This will mean if you put it up for download anywhere you will also have to state which game version it is for . But any changes ScS do to the map on updates can cause problems like this if you try to run an out of date map on a newer game version as their changes and the update will overwrite it .
knox_xss

#4 Post by knox_xss » 23 Feb 2013 00:34

Okay, thank you for your answers.

But, just as a matter of interest, technically, what was that in the screenshot - updated algorithm for the interpretation of data in the europe.mbd? Or heavily modified map with constant algorithm?
abasstreppas

#5 Post by abasstreppas » 23 Feb 2013 01:41

@knox_xss , I've been playing your map (unloading) for some time now with latest patch and I'm really surprised I haven't driven that road yet, and obviously lucky too :D Don't give up on your project because it's the best modded map so far. You have given the game a nice touch in the right area.

Thank you :)
Flemming V
Global moderator

#6 Post by Flemming V » 23 Feb 2013 08:42

If you did a re mod of europe.map, then you do NOT need to write which build it is for, because it will work in all versions. (so fare).
BUT it would be a good thing, because then you can see how fare back your map is from and then know how many SCS update on the map which could be missing.
Like Trucksim-Map 2.0 which they say works in 1.3.1, yes it will probably work in ALL builds, BUT what I rather would like to know is WHICH VERSION has they
taken the map and build there update into? Are it etc. 1.2.5, which mean that EVERY update from SCS, and we talks about 400 at least are NOT included in there map.
So many would think, yes it works with 1.3.1 and then it must be up to date.. Which could be so wrong.
I changed all harbour in 1.1.0 to be harbour where you have to drive on the ferry. This map still works, and I could write 1.3.1 on it, but then you will not know that it's totally out of date.
Reinhard

#7 Post by Reinhard » 23 Feb 2013 10:02

knox_xss wrote: But, just as a matter of interest, technically, what was that in the screenshot - updated algorithm for the interpretation of data in the europe.mbd? Or heavily modified map with constant algorithm?
At first, I thought that a terrain profile might have changed, but this is not the case.
(EDIT: /def/world/terrain_profile.sii)

That made me wonder. I just tried the same than you and loaded the old europe.mbd in a mod. Same terrain error than on your picture to see.

Then I located the road element responsible for it (it is in the north). I made screenshots of its properties, with both old and new screens. Et voilà! Bingo! There was a difference. "Stretch terrain" was activated in 1.2.5, and isn't in 1.3. Unchecking it in the old map for that segment should do the trick for you.

So don't worry, it is just an ordinary map bug, fixed by SCS in the meantime.
Last edited by Reinhard on 23 Feb 2013 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#8 Post by Flemming V » 23 Feb 2013 10:40

Reinhard wrote: So don't worry, it is just an ordinary map bug, fixed by SCS in the meantime.
Exactly, one of those 400 bugs which SCS has corrected through 1.0 to 1.3 and still does.
knox_xss

#9 Post by knox_xss » 23 Feb 2013 13:02

Flemming V wrote:
Reinhard wrote: So don't worry, it is just an ordinary map bug, fixed by SCS in the meantime.
Exactly, one of those 400 bugs which SCS has corrected through 1.0 to 1.3 and still does.
Reinhard, Flemming V, Thank you guys! I'll keep that in mind.
I think I'll wait with recreating my map mod before the new patch.

Return to “bugs 1.3.0”