.mat files - can someone explain?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vitas

Re: .mat files - can someone explain?

#11 Post by Vitas » 08 Nov 2016 15:49

No, I´m using Blender2SCS for a long time, so I know these basic things. The problem is not in the object, but in the material itself, because when I use smth like "eut2.dif.spec" or any other basic shader the object is visible and OK in the game. But when I use this:

Code: Select all

material : "eut2.reflective.fx" {
	texture[0] : "/vehicle/trailer_eu/lamberet/textures/izolepa.tobj"
	texture_name[0] : "texture_base"
}
it is visible only in Blender. If you forget to remove nested verts or apply locations, the object wont be visible even in blender. As I said, there any error message in console, even yellow one. I copied this .mat from schwarzmuller model, so its the same (not the exact way and name of texture, but shader´s name. Theres no any other parameter in schw trailers for this material. And as I said too, even if I only copy object from schwm trailer, move it to default part, apply parent transforms and rotation and remove nested verts and so on, its still not working. Weird.
abasstreppas

#12 Post by abasstreppas » 08 Nov 2016 16:09

Ok, another shot: that reflective shader (with its texture) is not showing by itself ingame, it also need a second texture under with a normal shader (like dif.spec). Import the Passat CC from the original game and look at the back bumper reflexes. ;)
Vitas

#13 Post by Vitas » 08 Nov 2016 16:18

Uuu, thats it :) Thanks.
Braakie

#14 Post by Braakie » 13 Jan 2017 10:43

I'm a bit of messing around with some MAT files for my lightbox, and I see that there are some changes in the MAT files.

First it was: eut2.dif.spec.add.env.nofresnel
Then: eut2.dif.spec.add.env.nofresnel.fx
And now: eut2.dif.spec.add.env.nofresnel.rfx

What does that actually fx, rfx
EvgenKo423

#15 Post by EvgenKo423 » 13 Jan 2017 17:14

AFAIK, it does nothing. Just a file cleanup.
RFX is an extension of effect files, which can be found in effect folder of an unpacked game.
Andrei_03

#16 Post by Andrei_03 » 13 Jan 2017 17:17

Also, Zmod3 can easily change the material shader.
Braakie

#17 Post by Braakie » 13 Jan 2017 21:23

Thanks guys, it's clear.
Panharith

#18 Post by Panharith » 16 Jun 2017 13:25

I've been looking for this for quite a while, and also compared many mat-files, but I can't seem to figure it out.

:D :D :D Goldenslot :D :D :D
norway_hunter

#19 Post by norway_hunter » 18 Jul 2017 11:44

Hi i have problem with lightbox , I use one from powerkasi on the roof works perfectly don't blink itself and second from hypro bullbar. I want change mat files from bullbar because this lightbox blinking when i switch the lights from parking to normal or high beams.
parking light lightbox don't work
[ external image ]

normal lights is ok

[ external image ]

What i must change for working both the same way ?
AshieFontaine

#20 Post by AshieFontaine » 24 Aug 2018 16:35

Can someone explain how to open and edit a .mat file? I've been desperately trying to make my truck skin matte. I just can't wrap my head around it. Can someone help?

Return to “Help requests”