Randomly losing job [2677]

Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Randomly losing job

#51 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jul 2013 12:35

It's a good way to do it like Unco said, BUT it should not be necessary.
I have played with the same profile since day one, I have used so many mods in testing.
I have even tried out some of the cracks around, and each time, when I go back to my original .exe file, everything is okay.
Of course, my key is not banned. My guess would be that your key is banned or your .exe file is not the right size. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: Michal beat me to it there.
Johan

#52 Post by Johan » 19 Jul 2013 12:47

I have had multiple profiles since i started playing the game, but was experiencing trouble from time to time because of mods that i removed or weren't compatible with future updates.

Will remove the game completely from my harddrive and start again with a new profile.

I don't need a crack for this game because i can play it without cd and i have a genuine product key.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#53 Post by Flemming V » 19 Jul 2013 12:51

Johan wrote:but was experiencing trouble from time to time because of mods that i removed or weren't compatible with future updates..
Yes that can be a problem. I am able to edit all my mods each time a new build arrives, so my mods always are up to date,
which is the only reason I can go with the same profile and mods all the way.
BHS

#54 Post by BHS » 19 Jul 2013 13:36

Hm. Could it be the case, that you downloaded and installed some mod that has changed your .exe file?

When I first looked around for mods, I donwnloaded something (I forgot what it was supposed to do), and then when unzipping it, it was an .exe file with .dll files and everything. So it was going to patch itself into the game files instead of just havins .scs files for the mod library.

Ofc. I deleted it all immediately without running it.'

Don't know if a mod like that could have some of the effects being described.

Also. Did you buy the boxed version of the game from a real store? Or did you buy it second hand, so it may be a cracked version disguised to look like an official one?

Regards,
BHS
ohaha

#55 Post by ohaha » 19 Jul 2013 16:10

OK, I see this is going nowhere, fast.
The proper way to solve this is to remove the game completely, by uninstalling it and (if applicable) deleting the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder from Program Files.
Move the entire C:/Users/[you]/My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder to a safe location and install a fresh copy, using your genuine DVD version and the official patch from SCS website.
If the fault continues to happen, then we can all agree it is a bug and it must be corrected as soon as possible!
If this does not happen again, then your profile is corrupt and you have to start fresh, probably.
What do you think?
Retired, but still loving it.
Johan

#56 Post by Johan » 19 Jul 2013 16:47

Alright, i decided to format my harddrive (it was necessary anyway) and made sure all drivers (audio/video/motherboard etc) were up to date.

I then installed ETS2 v1.4.8 and i created a new profile. So far so good. I am only at level 3 now so it might take some time before i can confirm that my problem is gone.

Not using any mods at the moment, but i am going to add some after i have leveled up a bit and i'll see what happens :mrgreen:

I really hope it was worth all the hassle.

Now, before i get behind the wheel again i would like to thank all of you who tried to figure out what could be going on and who was trying to help me/giving me suggestions instead of thinking
that i was one of those pirates, who, mysteriously seem to have taken shelter after you guys showed up
8-)

EDIT: @BHS: i have a boxed version which was sealed and i bought it at Media Markt.
Last edited by Johan on 19 Jul 2013 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
ohaha

#57 Post by ohaha » 19 Jul 2013 16:51

Good luck!
Small suggestions (to everybody):
  • before installing mods, back up your profile.
  • only install mods by copying an scs file to your mod folder; avoid locked mods or containing executable files
  • before reporting a bug, test your game in clean version (no mods, fresh profile)
Thank you and have fun.
Retired, but still loving it.
neonfreak23

Trailer removed him self on a job

#58 Post by neonfreak23 » 22 Jul 2013 18:32

Sorry for the bad english. But i found a bug. When i drive. i loose my trailer middle in the job. like 50km from the start.
I have put the mods off. The problem fixed a little bit. Next day i play again without mods. and the bug is bag.

i hope that this problem fast found and can be removed.
madjeff

#59 Post by madjeff » 26 Jul 2013 15:30

Michal wrote:
Johan wrote:You guys are joking, right? I have a boxed version of the game with a genuine product key printed on the inside. There's also a second DVD in it featuring trailers of various other simulators too.
If you have original game (not corrupted or cracked .exe file) and original product key, game will never do this.. write me a mail with your key to michal /@/ scssoft.com I will make manual verification.
Hello, new ETS2 player and forum member. Just picked up ETS2 on the Steam sale and have been having a bunch of fun with this game the past week. I was skeptical (especially as a person that grew up around trucks and long-haul trucking, used to spend summers with my dad on long-haul trips) that this would be the least bit enjoyable, but after seeing all the great reviews I decided what the hell, I'll give it a try. I'm a pretty hardcore sim guy (combat flight sims mostly), and I find the game strangely enjoyable and soothing. =)

Anyway, I jumped on the forum to see if I could track down why I've been having trailer loads suddenly disappear on me randomly and have found a few threads on the issue. What is disappointing is finding this type of attitude, that we must have a pirated version of the game if this is happening.

I have a legal version, purchased through Steam. No mods, vanilla install. A day or two after I purchased on Steam, the 1.4.8 version downloaded and updated automatically through Steam. Nothing has been done to this install other than playing.

I never noticed the load disappearing until after I got off quick jobs and started my own truck and took on freight jobs. The first few times it happened I just thought I had messed something up. But after watching it happen a dozen times now I can verify it is not anything I'm doing. I just watched it happen yet again while my hands were not on the keyboard (cruise control on) and steering with the mouse, so I know I'm not hitting some odd key combo.

I agree with others that it seems to be during auto-save. When it happens I've closed the game, reloaded the last autosave and the load will be there and I can continue. Sometimes without further issue, although I've had times where I've had to reload several times during the job as it would disappear again.

This is a real bug, and it is starting to take the enjoyment out of the game. The Steam forum has people just like me having the same issue with their newly purchased game. Can we get past the accusations of pirating and focus on what is causing the issue with this otherwise awesome simulation?
Centrino2

#60 Post by Centrino2 » 26 Jul 2013 18:19

madjeff wrote:
Michal wrote: If you have original game (not corrupted or cracked .exe file) and original product key, game will never do this.. write me a mail with your key to michal /@/ scssoft.com I will make manual verification.
Anyway, I jumped on the forum to see if I could track down why I've been having trailer loads suddenly disappear on me randomly and have found a few threads on the issue. What is disappointing is finding this type of attitude, that we must have a pirated version of the game if this is happening.

I have a legal version, purchased through Steam. No mods, vanilla install. A day or two after I purchased on Steam, the 1.4.8 version downloaded and updated automatically through Steam. Nothing has been done to this install other than playing.

I never noticed the load disappearing until after I got off quick jobs and started my own truck and took on freight jobs. The first few times it happened I just thought I had messed something up. But after watching it happen a dozen times now I can verify it is not anything I'm doing. I just watched it happen yet again while my hands were not on the keyboard (cruise control on) and steering with the mouse, so I know I'm not hitting some odd key combo.

I agree with others that it seems to be during auto-save. When it happens I've closed the game, reloaded the last autosave and the load will be there and I can continue. Sometimes without further issue, although I've had times where I've had to reload several times during the job as it would disappear again.

This is a real bug, and it is starting to take the enjoyment out of the game. The Steam forum has people just like me having the same issue with their newly purchased game. Can we get past the accusations of pirating and focus on what is causing the issue with this otherwise awesome simulation?
Did you read this from Ohaha?
ohaha wrote:OK, I see this is going nowhere, fast.
The proper way to solve this is to remove the game completely, by uninstalling it and (if applicable) deleting the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder from Program Files.
Move the entire C:/Users/[you]/My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder to a safe location and install a fresh copy, using your genuine DVD version and the official patch from SCS website.
If the fault continues to happen, then we can all agree it is a bug and it must be corrected as soon as possible!
If this does not happen again, then your profile is corrupt and you have to start fresh, probably.
What do you think?

Return to “Bugs 1.4.6”