SCS Software

message board
It is currently 28 May 2017 08:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017 15:16 

Hello,

I'd like the team responsible for WoT to remove the restrictions blocking me from taking on jobs with long trailers/long trucks. I'm using RJL Scania 8x2, Tandem and I want to be able to take the jobs from WoT also... those 4x2 Scania's are not challenging.

I'm using also Promods map addition - well that's probably not possible to make some patch for people using map mods to enjoy them with WoT contracts?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017 21:11 

Not sure what you mean by not working with mods but here is what I think you mean. WoT limits job selection to the vanilla job and the jobs added by Trailer mods are never offered. There is a way around this:

In the mod there is likely a folder called <Mod Name>/def/cargo/<Job Name>. For example I have a folder called digger500 and it holds a file called: lowboy_y.cargo_cat422.sii

This file contains:
SiiNunit
{
trailer_def : .lowboy_y.cargo_cat422
{
trailer: trailer.lowboy_y.cargo_cat422
mass: 7484.3
cog_height_offset: 0.37
}
}

The trailer can be changed to the mod trailer, this is what mine looks like:
SiiNunit
{
trailer_def : .lodeking_L1
{
trailer: trailer.lodeking_L1
mass: 11580
cog_height_offset: 0.86
}
}

So now when I get offered the job digger500 it uses the lodekings mod trailer.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017 23:07 

What I mean is:
1. I'm using RJL Scania mod and I'm driving using Scania 8x2 and tandem version by Capital. Because of the length of those trucks I can't pick any WoT contract because I get the notification my truck is too long. I don't really care if I can't drive with all these modded trailers I got from many authors.
2. I'm using Promods as map expander mod so I was wondering if it's possible to make WoT compatible with this addition so I can drive to other places not only to SCS ones (vanilla). Driving from france to germany/poland and back again is a bit annoying. I'm picking up jobs with distance over 1000 km.