How many "vanilla" gamers are we?

Are you a "Vanilla" gamer?

Yes, I swear to ETS2 clean, without any official DLC's like Going East or Scandinavia.
4%
Yes, my mod folder is empty and will be so for all eternity.
27%
No, and I must have ended up in the wrong section. There's no mods here!
69%

Total votes: 477

Axel Slingerland

Re: How many "vanilla" gamers are we?

#21 Post by Axel Slingerland » 12 Dec 2016 22:54

Oh yeah... That goes double for me. I'll have two scoops, please!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
truckerpaal

#22 Post by truckerpaal » 21 Dec 2016 00:12

I went from being a vanilla gamer to be using Promods during the two first years of ETS2. Disabled Promods when the Scandinavian DLC was released and I have been a vanilla gamer again since. I'm probably just a casual gamer of ETS2 and I will probably stay that for as long as the interest for the game is still there. Already put down a total of hundred hours or so into it the last four years. I have nothing against mods, just saying it! ;)
Frachti

#23 Post by Frachti » 01 Jan 2017 20:50

Started with ETS2 a few weeks before DLC East release. Didn´t know about mods, but after vanilla map bored me I´ve found TSM, much later Promods. Now I can´t play without Promods, RusMap etc...I love traffic packs with all sort of vehicles, flare packs, wheels´n rims, trucks, sounds. So I´m definitely not a vanilla gamer.
i7-6700k@4.0GHz, 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile1:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64
Profile2:Promods beta testing
Andrei_03

#24 Post by Andrei_03 » 01 Jan 2017 20:57

I'm NEVER gonna go back to vanilla game! :P Mods make this awesome game soooo much better! :)
Airbus05

#25 Post by Airbus05 » 01 Jan 2017 21:46

I Must admit that modding the game can be an addiction :D
But as much as i would like to play the game "Vanilla", i also want my Actros to have the real gear ratios, plastic parts, i want better flares, lighting and vegetation, nice rims with real tire brands as well as real companies etc. etc.
All that COULD be vanilla, but i think the base game gets better and better and one or another mod can be disabled from time to time. But to get the most out of it and all its details it is also fun to search for mods , combine them or even do your own because it is such a modding friendly game after all.
I am always searching for an increased realism to make it more a simulator than a game in my specific taste - taste can vary so nothing wrong with vanilla at all!
Cheers - Airbus05
Thanks to SCS Software and their community - you make ETS2 / ATS what it is!
golcan

#26 Post by golcan » 02 Jan 2017 07:04

^^^ +1

Since ETS2 and ATS are smartly designed to highly support mods, I don't think using them is a bad idea.
Although vanilla map is getting amazingly better with every new DLC, it still doesn't cover the entire Europe, and obviously doesn't include many of the trucks and accessories I use.
Anyway, I always have a vanilla profile, and switch between profiles depending on where I want to drive each day.
Rhythmosaur

#27 Post by Rhythmosaur » 15 Jan 2017 20:07

How would you hardcore vanilla gamers look upon what I'd call Vanilla mods? I mean mods that add Vanilla stuff.

Currently there is a mod that makes the company gates move, just animating something that is already there. Then there are two mods letting you have the VLF harvesters and tractors on all local roads. I guess this is something that SCS will come up with anyway some day, as the sparse presence of these highly detailed vehicles is most likely a shakedown on how the feature will be recieved (I like it a lot; however I had to turn down the spawning considerably, as both mods work with 0.3, so you see both of them definitly every time you do, let's say, Carlisle-Newcastle with traffic at max.)
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
jaws

#28 Post by jaws » 17 Jul 2017 16:56

I been so addicted to mods and at some point it got out of hand, when you have 1Tb HDD filled with mods for this only and that is not even with Promod and those heavy truck mods and you have another hdd filling up with mods your trying to make.. I have cleaned up now and my mod folder atm is only around 1Gb, im cleaning out slowly, but im getting there very soon and then my mod folder will be empty. It's only a matter of days now.

Im pretty sure i will be so glad when it is empty :)

*Edit, now down to 28Mb in mods :) And when SCS comes with the new Scania, then it will be 0Mb in mod folder.
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)
mira666

#29 Post by mira666 » 18 Aug 2017 17:21

I have to sadly report I have joined the dark side and added 4 mods from the steam workshop
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
jaws

#30 Post by jaws » 15 Sep 2017 13:00

Count down has started... http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/09/new-sca ... inish.html :shock: At release my mod folder will be 100% empty. :P
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”