ATS 32 bit or not

plykkegaard

Re: ATS 32 bit or not

#91 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Jan 2016 10:51

Actually the hardware I am using atm is 2nd hand, abondoned by the youngsters in the family
OS and games are the only expenses I have :P

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
old.Trucker

#92 Post by old.Trucker » 19 Jan 2016 11:06

Why so much noise about the problem one (two) user that is (surely) contrary to the interests of tens thousands other users ???
I just hope it is not only because 5,000 posts !?!
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
Axel Slingerland

#93 Post by Axel Slingerland » 19 Jan 2016 11:13

Cadde wrote:If i added up everything (including peripherals) that i have for my current PC in dollars it would bust $4,000 easily.
I fully understand your point, Cadde. And if I were to add up everything I have invested in my two computers, it might come to about the same as you have in your single computer. But as I have repeatedly said I have not been talking about myself. I don't need it, but if I wanted a system like yours I could go buy one.

I have excellent credit because I always pay my bills in full and on time, and I have plenty of money. Not to mention that my computer has a 64bit CPU, and I have a Windows 7 CD, so I am prepared should I ever decide to install it. But like I said, I don't think need a computer like that. It's a bit excessive for what I do with my computers. I read the news, post on this forum, edit my mods and play ETS2... That's about it. I have no need for a $4,000.00 computer.

But that is why I am laughing my petunias off at plykkegaard. I won't say I don't have any problems. I do. But I have never once ever blamed anyone for them. Since they are mostly health problems, and I can't blame anyone but myself for them as I am the only one responsible for my life choices, I found his assertion that by speaking up for people who can't upgrade their computers and pointing about that Micro$oft actually still makes 32bit versions of Windows (and I even cited the source of that information, which was the Micro$oft website) as blaming someone else for my problems to be absolutely hilarious. I'm still waiting to see where he got that ridiculous idea. He clearly hasn't read anything I've written in this thread.
Cadde wrote:There's no money involved in upgrading to a 64 bit CPU today.
IF you have a 64bit CPU, etc. But if you don't, good luck getting it done for free.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Cadde

#94 Post by Cadde » 19 Jan 2016 11:19

IF you ASK around then SOMEONE will have a spare 64 bit system which they would give to those in need.
I would send one overseas in return for the postage but that would be counterproductive as it would actually cost money where they can just as easily find a system within a 10 km radius unless they live in a sand castle in sahara.
On extended hiatus.
Axel Slingerland

#95 Post by Axel Slingerland » 19 Jan 2016 11:25

Yeah, I know about that. I have given away a lot of hardware, and have built many systems for low income people in the last 25 years. I've also done a lot of shipping in my life. My daughter and her family live about 600 miles away, and we spend a small fortune shipping stuff to them for Christmas, birthdays, etc. We even bought a new car so we can drive down there. The old one was turning into a "money pit".
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
plykkegaard

#96 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Jan 2016 11:59

Axel Slingerland wrote:IF you have a 64bit CPU, etc.
Intel Core 2 Duo is 64-bit
IIRC AMD was first to release 64-bit processors
Which CPU is par or above ETS2 minimum specs and not 64-bit?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
thebigbadonion

#97 Post by thebigbadonion » 19 Jan 2016 12:14

Even some of the later Pentium 4s were 64 bit iirc, and AMD had been making the athlon 64 for a while. Really if you don't have a 64bit capable CPU you probably have a Pentium 4 or Athlon xp or something. I doubt you would do too well on ETS2 and ATS anyway :lol: not to mention the likelihood of that thing still having AGP. ETS2 on a geforce 6800 and a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 thats the only way to play... Right? :D
DorinDXN

#98 Post by DorinDXN » 20 Jan 2016 08:05

For the readers just tuning in..

ATS will be 64 bit only due to larger (at some point in time) and more detailed map in ATS than in ETS2 and cannot be done in a 32 bit app.
Of course this is only my understanding :)

cheers,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here
Cadde

#99 Post by Cadde » 20 Jan 2016 11:13

Cleaned thread of forum rule violations and offtopic content.
Involved parties know what they did, don't let it happen again.
On extended hiatus.
old.Trucker

#100 Post by old.Trucker » 20 Jan 2016 11:38

^^ You're late, you're late a lot, but certainly thank you ...
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking

Return to “American Truck Simulator”