ats a little small?

Buster Burnwell

ats a little small?

#1 Post by Buster Burnwell » 06 Jan 2016 16:18

first of all i love ets2 and have been looking forward to ats sinse i heard about it, but ive just seen the map and i think i counted 16 cities, how many cities did ets2 ship with and how much was it compared to ats, im going to get it anyway but cant help thinking i may be getting a little short changed.
i understand there will be dlc but at what cost? how much will i have to spend to get the same amount of locations as ets2 base game. worth a thought.
jarvik79

Re: ats a little small?

#2 Post by jarvik79 » 06 Jan 2016 16:33

Nothing has been said about a) how big those cities are b) if the planned DLC is actually paid.
Look at how much ETS2 has changed and developed and been added to over the past 3 years. Whatever guise ATS ships in, I highly doubt you could call it being short-changed, as the chances are very high there will be additional development.
fredbull

#3 Post by fredbull » 06 Jan 2016 16:34

Got no idea, but i m pretty sure that ats will make some us simmers join the party, and with them, some more modders.
When u see the difference between original map and maps like promod or trucksim map, in terms of cities or size, just imagine what it could do on a base map big like the US.
Buster Burnwell

#4 Post by Buster Burnwell » 06 Jan 2016 16:52

jarvik79 wrote:Nothing has been said about a) how big those cities are b) if the planned DLC is actually paid.
Look at how much ETS2 has changed and developed and been added to over the past 3 years. Whatever guise ATS ships in, I highly doubt you could call it being short-changed, as the chances are very high there will be additional development.

wow people are quick to get the arse.. of course its going to be paid dlc, look at going east. the question is how will it be done, and how much will you need to spend before you have all the states. :roll:

@fredbull
yeh that did cross my mind, looking forward to going from one side to the other :P

even if they charge £5 per state thats £270 for the whole of America :shock:
Last edited by Deemer on 06 Jan 2016 17:24, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Do not triple post. [2.6]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 06 Jan 2016 16:55

It's highly unlikely the map expansions won't be paid.

We know Arizona is paid because there were stores offering it as a free bonus if you buy retail discs.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Blueone

#6 Post by Blueone » 07 Jan 2016 14:57

I dont care if it was only one city, i would still buy it.

And for the price on DLC maps, dont even care, they can charge 100€ for each and i still buy it.

;)
SiSL
SCS Software

#7 Post by SiSL » 07 Jan 2016 14:59

Cities ETS2 released may be much in numbers but definitely they were like villages :D Ever seen a city like Las Vegas in ETS2 ? :D

Also not to mention entire map is like Half the Europe
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Jan 2016 15:10

Having seen absolutely no video of any one driving around, I do agree that the map for a "full game" is rather small, but it's also rather beautiful.

Obviously it's hard to judge from an imaginary video, but I get the feeling the Scandinavian DLC is actually larger than this game map, though maybe with more cities.

It's not going to affect my purchase decision, but I foresee a few miserable bums complaining.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SabR

#9 Post by SabR » 07 Jan 2016 15:15

Moh1336, why making us jealous? :mrgreen:

Buster Burnwell wrote: even if they charge £5 per state ...
£5 per state would be too low. I hope they adjust the price according to the specific assets built for that state. Just like they did with Scandinavia. ;) It still rules ETS2. :D

I hope SCS takes that path for ATS, building it state by state, focusing on the cities by making 'em unique as they are in real life. I'm pretty sure almost all the veterans here would agree with me. :P
thebigbadonion

#10 Post by thebigbadonion » 07 Jan 2016 15:17

After not watching that certain video which must not be named, If that is the map we get with the base release you'll find it has a lot more than 16 cities, since both Arizona and Cali were present. So fear not! ATS is going to be fine for the start. And remember while it may not be as big as ETS 2 the quality of the map is a lot better. I would rather have a small highly detailed map than a huge baron copy and paste map any day!

Return to “American Truck Simulator”