American Truck Simulator's issue with license plates.

MartyTheTrucker

American Truck Simulator's issue with license plates.

#1 Post by MartyTheTrucker » 19 Jan 2016 22:32

Hello, fellow truckers.
So I am a bit of a license plate maniac, so what I see in early ATS screenshots is slightly annoying me.

America has many elaborate designs for it's license plates, that change every few years.

[ external image ]

The current design for Californian license plates I see used in the game, is actually from 1982 till 1987, and it doesn't match up with the brand spanking new trucks we are given in the game.

[ external image ]

Instead, the license plates should look like the ones shown above, which are used from 2011 to now.

I'm not sure if there are some legal issues to this problem, that the license plates must not copy over any existing plates. If it is so, I would understand the decision on using this design.
Zakxaev68

Re: American Truck Simulator's issue with license plates.

#2 Post by Zakxaev68 » 19 Jan 2016 23:54

One would believe they did not spent that much attention on plates design according the present templates. I dunno, I am not a citizen of the USA, it's never been of a concern to me whether in the game they're authentic towards reality, to be fair.

Laws... doubt has anything to do on the matter.

Nevertheless, it could be the current are to be substituted with the proper plates tho?
Last edited by Flemming V on 20 Jan 2016 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foreign language removed. This is a forum in English.
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
elnino

#3 Post by elnino » 29 Feb 2016 02:27

I had not really noticed but valid point. Here in VA, there probably 50+ different designs for plates you can choose from. It will be interesting to see the plates after more states start showing up, surely they won't have all drivers registered in California!
angrybirdseller

#4 Post by angrybirdseller » 29 Feb 2016 02:57

Who cares just license plate it's nitpicking on items few care about. Plates change all the time California has many different plate styles all look good. Some state plates are just plates nothing on them.
BrianC

#5 Post by BrianC » 31 Jul 2016 23:28

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
A couple of screens of the AMT 351 Pete, with old California Black plates on it.
These i added, and i also have a file of License plates set for all 50 states. If anyone knows how to add them
you are welcome to use them.
You can find me on Pauly's FB, Anerican Modder FB and others. Message Craig Teague. He;ll get the message to me.
BrianC.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”