Config Request - Speed Limit Threshold

elnino

Config Request - Speed Limit Threshold

#1 Post by elnino » 29 Feb 2016 02:33

So it seems to me the cops are a little more strict in ATS than the speed cameras in ETS2 - whereas in ETS2 you could go 5mph over with no ticket, in ATS i've gotten tickets for 3mph. No biggie - it's how the game is set up.

However, I'm wondering if we can get a tweakable config value set up in a future update that would set the average amount over the speed limit at which the cops actually start handing out tickets. It would be nice to be able to set that to say 11mph (a realistic USA amount) - and then hopefully the game engine would randomize this to some degree, meaning there would still be a small chance of getting a ticket for 8mph over, or even smaller chance for 5mph if the cop stepped in dog poop that morning on the way out.

Seems like it would be quite easy to implement, surely a constant is already set somewhere for minimum speeding amount.

Thanks.
Eagle_Eye

Re: Config Request - Speed Limit Threshold

#2 Post by Eagle_Eye » 29 Feb 2016 04:49

11 mph allowed over the limit. Geez, no wonder so many Americans are killed on the road each year.

I'm in AU, that's like 18 KPH over, why bother setting speed limits in either the game or the real world..

Here in AU, you'd be lucky to get away with 4 kph (2.5 MPH) over the limit, otherwise some government $ hungry "Safety Camera" will book you..

Return to “American Truck Simulator”