Traffic AI Bug

BigLarry1950

Re: Traffic AI Bug

#11 Post by BigLarry1950 » 12 Mar 2014 18:13

Another AI traffic situation... Why do they block entrances to drives or parking lots? In this instance, I sat there waiting to turn left. The traffic got backed up behind me until it blocked the intersection. So no traffic could move. I finally wound up crashing through the stopped cars to make my turn. I had to do this twice, once to deliver a trailer and again later to pick up a trailer after I took a rest. This was in Mannheim, but this happens in many places.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =237635371
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =237635402
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =237635443

:shock:
ohaha

#12 Post by ohaha » 12 Mar 2014 18:18

This is not a bug. This is common behavior, IRL.
No traffic rule states that they must leave a clear path for someone who wants to turn left, into a yard.
Your obligation is to give way to the oncoming traffic, when you turn your right side towards them, except roundabouts.
The other way around in UK.
Retired, but still loving it.
BigLarry1950

#13 Post by BigLarry1950 » 12 Mar 2014 18:26

In America, most people will stop and allow a vehicle to make turn when traffic is backed up ahead of them. Rather than cause a traffic jam and no one can move. So I guess, I'll continue to crash my way through.
ohaha

#14 Post by ohaha » 12 Mar 2014 18:33

In Europe they do, too. But that is not in a law. That's why you cannot call this a bug.
You can always put in Wishlists section, though I thin kit was already suggested by several people.
Retired, but still loving it.
n4gix

#15 Post by n4gix » 12 Mar 2014 22:17

Here in Indiana it is against the law to block any industrial entrance, including parking lots for commercial businesses...

...not that all that many obey that law, but... :roll:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
BigLarry1950

#16 Post by BigLarry1950 » 12 Mar 2014 22:48

Even without laws, common sense should kick in. When I use to drive, anytime I saw a vehicle trying to make a turn in stop-n-go traffic, I give them room. A more space if it's a commercial truck. I notice, even when AI cars do stop for ya, they don't give ya enough room if you have a trailer in tow.
Last edited by ohaha on 12 Mar 2014 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
Reece

#17 Post by Reece » 12 Mar 2014 23:48

BigLarry1950 wrote:I notice, even when AI cars do stop for ya, they don't give ya enough room if you have a trailer in tow.
Yes and in most cases they cause a bank up of traffic, better if they just kept going, especially if the other lane in a 2 lane road is busy! :roll:
When the traffic is really banked up I save and reload!! :)
jokerman

#18 Post by jokerman » 13 Mar 2014 06:31

I can understand the OP point well. I have, yesterday had a case where the AI is being kind and letting me turn across him into a road at a junction. Unless I move, it becomes a stalemate.

Whilst I appreciate this 'kindness' is can be frustrating too and create chaos when the AI has the right of way and if it drives on, it relieves the situation from becoming more problematic.

I find myself saying "Just drive on please!" or words to that effect.

That this happens occasionally is not really an issue. It mimics real life quite well.

That is always happens ... and is predictable is the frustration.

Not sure what can be done to be honest however.

Regarding the mods being used, I query whether having a mod installed can is some cases be merely a red herring (is irrelevant to the issue reported) but in the interest of controlled testing, it is best to remove all when reporting possible bugs!
Wolfpig

#19 Post by Wolfpig » 13 Mar 2014 10:18

jokerman wrote:I find myself saying "Just drive on please!" or words to that effect.
Try to use your "lighthorn", i had it on a t-junction that a truck which wanted to turn left, while i wanted to turn left to stopped for me, but drove on after i used the lights.
No idea if that was just a coincidence, but without trying you wont see if it works.
BigLarry1950

#20 Post by BigLarry1950 » 19 Mar 2014 19:10

Geez, AI's are reckless today (2014-03-19) with Patch 1.9.14s.
On a job from Verona to Mannheim I was cut off 4 times on motorways, crashed into by a car while I was passing another truck and a car stop cold in front of me after overtaking me. The trip involved 3 crashes that was not my fault and another that was my fault.
*** Update ***
I tried again today (2014-03-20) with my other profile which has NO mods. Still experienced cars cutting right in front of me as the overtake. They should allow at least 5 car lengths before coming back over into lane I'm in. :shock:

Larry

Return to “Bugs 1.9”