Roundabout AI

n4gix

Re: Roundabout AI

#21 Post by n4gix » 15 Apr 2014 14:56

Set your police=0 and do away with the fines entirely...
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
volvo4life

#22 Post by volvo4life » 15 Apr 2014 15:02

Open the config.cfg with your favourite text editor and change the below values to 1.
In game press the button left to 1 and on the console type uset g_police 0 off and uset g_police 1 on
uset g_developer "1"
uset g_console "1"
CTclothbagco

#23 Post by CTclothbagco » 15 Apr 2014 16:12

Flemming V wrote:You should only take the outside lane, if you intend to leave the roundbout at next exit. (This is how it works IRL as well)
Else they will drive into you when they from inside lane takes the exit to second exit lane, while you try to continue in the roundbout.
I'm not sure about the rest of Europe, but in the UK that rule depends on the type of roundabout, but in general the outer lane is for exits 1 and 2 while the inner lane is for all other exits, but that depends on how the actual roundabout layout.

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-t ... 184-to-190

As I say I don't know about Europe but this is how I use roundabouts
Flemming V
Global moderator

#24 Post by Flemming V » 15 Apr 2014 17:53

I am not World Champ in these rules, not even in my own country, but if someone asked me,
I would say that the blue car should have turned off on the exit before it did. But I guess not.
46Gapa

#25 Post by 46Gapa » 15 Apr 2014 18:05

Thanks for seeing what I was. !
BigLarry1950

#26 Post by BigLarry1950 » 15 Apr 2014 19:42

CTclothbagco wrote:
Flemming V wrote:You should only take the outside lane, if you intend to leave the roundbout at next exit. (This is how it works IRL as well)
Else they will drive into you when they from inside lane takes the exit to second exit lane, while you try to continue in the roundbout.
I'm not sure about the rest of Europe, but in the UK that rule depends on the type of roundabout, but in general the outer lane is for exits 1 and 2 while the inner lane is for all other exits, but that depends on how the actual roundabout layout.

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-t ... 184-to-190

As I say I don't know about Europe but this is how I use roundabouts
I am glad you clarified that. I've been trying to follow that rule when it comes to roundabouts. Here in South Bend, IN (USA), they instruct commercial trucks to stay in outside lane and for cars not to pass trucks that are in the roundabout. Maybe this idea could be implemented. :o
Flemming V
Global moderator

#27 Post by Flemming V » 15 Apr 2014 20:07

This is the rules in Denmark, which does not say anything about the blue car in UK rules.
So regarding DK rules, I was not wrong. :)

Right lane if you should out on NEXT exit, left lane, until you should exit in second or later exits.
Unco

#28 Post by Unco » 15 Apr 2014 20:09

Flemming V wrote:I am not World Champ in these rules, not even in my own country, but if someone asked me,
I would say that the blue car should have turned off on the exit before it did. But I guess not.
Their rules are different to Danish/Scandinavian rules.

UK and AUS roundabout rules are pretty much the same and as pictured in that link from CTclothbagco. You also indicate on approach, unless you plan to go straight.

In Scandinavia, you never indicate on approach. Only on exit. Plus, the lane distribution is a bit different, as you pointed out.

In the US, I believe some states still think of roundabouts as some strange kind of labyrinth from another planet.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#29 Post by Flemming V » 15 Apr 2014 20:11

Thanks Unco. :)
I was affraid a moment, that I did not know our own rules. :)
No wonder that rules in UK are different, they do almost only have roundabout everywhere. ;)
Unco

#30 Post by Unco » 15 Apr 2014 20:18

Every time I pick up a rental car in another country, I always confirm the roundabout rules: indicate on approach or not, etc. They look at me strange.

Off Topic: New Zealand used to have a crazy Yield/Give Way rule until 2 years ago: If you needed to cross oncoming traffic to turn into a side street, the oncoming traffic had to stop and give way to you. Now, that was confusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYxYyp6s9wY

Return to “Bugs 1.9”