AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

BigLarry1950

AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

#1 Post by BigLarry1950 » 25 Apr 2014 16:53

If AI vehicles crash into me, why do I get the fine? This happens frequently and anywhere on map. I had a Scania truck/trailer crash into me from a slip road on a motorway. I couldn't move over because I was being over taken at the time. They crash into me when I change lanes (with signal on) and am more than 75% into the new lane. Also in roundabouts, if I signal that I'm changing lanes to exit out, they are overtaking on the right in my blind spot. I have frequent crashes, and for the most part, they are caused by AI traffic.
MaxTrucker

Re: AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

#2 Post by MaxTrucker » 26 Apr 2014 18:25

Moderators, please move away from Bugs.

The purpose of this simulation game is not to have AI always move out of your way, therefore you as well have to be careful when driving. If you wanna split hairs though, IRL traffic law says you don't start your overtake attempt unless you're certain you can do it in a safe way, without interfering or endangering anyone. When on the motorway/highway, when you want to stop using the overtake lane (as vehicles of C category can only use far right lane, and use one to the left of that far right in case of overtaking) in the middle of a row of vehicles, you have to double check, then triple check that the vehicle IN FRONT of you isn't slamming the brakes, therefore endangering you to switch lanes, OR the vehicle BEHIND you is not accelerating either, rendering you again unable to finish the overtake.

The trailer physics, the working hours, and a lot of other details could be improved, but in this sense, the AI is behaving more or less like any real traffic does (except for the part of seemingly random but always caused by incoming radar, slamming on the brakes, upping the chances of a disaster on the road :D )

C category - might vary by country, but here where I am, it's a freight vehicle of maximum weight over 3 500 kg ( hauler-trucks* defined as over 7 500+)

*The only trucks you drive in ETS2

Penalties, in 95% of cases, are just because the player is at fault, even in this case, by driving aggressively. The only real case of true fault of AI is when you come up on a road where you have to give way, and once the road clears and you start, AI spawns and then can't stop on time.

Code: Select all

Simply put, if you drive the way you would if you actually drove the truck and earned your keep, you wouldn't have this problem
BigLarry1950

#3 Post by BigLarry1950 » 26 Apr 2014 20:01

I don't consider driving at or near speed limit, minding my own business as aggressive driving. I take lane changes and roundabouts at reasonable care, slowly if necessary. But then again, it appears that some AI cars are more aggressive than others. Especially when I see them crash into each other. I still don't think it's fare that I get fined for something they do from the rear of me. :P
MaxTrucker

#4 Post by MaxTrucker » 26 Apr 2014 20:18

aggressive driving is not only tied to speed limit, but also overtaking where it's forbidden, overtaking a row of vehicles, driving drunk etc etc...

That you are right, sir, but although I believe EVERY traffic law in the world is the same on this:
if you bump someone from behind, it's your fault. Although this might be true, you as the second participant also carry a certain amount of responsibility for keeping safety high.

I stated the only case in which I believe faulty AI system is to blame for crash, as in no amount of driver input can avoid a collision. But I think this was somewhat remedied in this latest patch.

Regarding finances;

After you have two fully working 5-man garages under you, YOU WON'T CARE for those pesky 400€ fines.

PS When I drive a car IRL, what I do in the situation described is= I start slowly moving towards the right lane, and if the vehicle behind me acknowledges this, I check that the vehicle in front too has by that moment created a safe distance I could foresee and avoid a collision with...
It all comes down to solidarity on the road and high alertness when behind the wheel. Same applies, even more so with BigRigs, because they're harder to maneuver, harder to safely brake to a stop, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer
BigLarry1950

#5 Post by BigLarry1950 » 26 Apr 2014 22:33

I give up, I won't post anymore in this forum. You have me at fault no matter what I say.
In US you're innocent until proven guilty.
MaxTrucker

#6 Post by MaxTrucker » 26 Apr 2014 23:59

My apologies if I came on too hard but we have many people complaining the game is not real enough. You are of the few that see it as too real and too difficult. Everyone is different. I was just giving you my view of the situation. People tend to disagree here though, more than anything.
BWD

#7 Post by BWD » 27 Apr 2014 23:10

I agree with BigLarry1950 as here in the states if you are hit from the rear EVEN if you are somehow at fault the rear ender is guilty period.

A few times in EST2 I have been minding my own business and WHAM right in the side I get hit from an AI changing lanes and I get fined. Whether you approve or not this is an SCS WRONG doing and it does need to be addressed.
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.
46Gapa

#8 Post by 46Gapa » 02 May 2014 22:32

I agree with BigLarry1950 as the SCS forum moderators tend to make us the guilty party for errors that THEY have created. They want to make the game real but not real? ! !
Mac

#9 Post by Mac » 03 May 2014 01:24

I have to agree with BigLarry also.. I've been driving along minding my own business only to have an AI pull up beside me and then slam into the side of me trying to get into my lane. I have a pretty good idea I know why it does it. But you can't catch all the bugs, and AI in any program seems to have a mind of it's own, no matter what you try.

You really want to save the aggravation of being fined every time AI decides it want to crash into you? Turn off 'police' in the config file.. AI can crash into me all they want, I don't get fined.

As an aside pertaining to RL. I usually drive in any country I visit. I like the freedom of choosing my own destinations in my own time slots, as opposed to tours. But.. If AI is any indication as to how Europeans REALLY drive... I think I'll take the train.. ;) :lol: ( just raggin' ya boys.. don't get upset)
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 03 May 2014 03:36

If you think the tickets are unfair, change them. You can either edit the tickets themselves by extracting the def.scs file, then editing the \def\police_data.sii file, or disable them completely in the ..\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\your_profile\config.cfg file by changing:
uset g_police "1"

To:
uset g_police "0"

Try that in real life. :mrgreen:
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Bugs 1.9”