AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

#21 Post by Flemming V » 04 May 2014 06:13

46Gapa wrote:Flemming, if you wish to quote me, do the entire quote. ! Political again ? !
I am asking you a question regarding what you wrote, I expected you to know what you wrote,
so why quote everything, when it was the quoted, which made me ask?

You are to paranoid my friend, reading what you wanna read (just like us). Sorry if you had an bad experience in here.
Axel Slingerland

#22 Post by Axel Slingerland » 04 May 2014 07:39

I don't know about paranoid (well, maybe) but some people really need to lighten up. It's just a damn game. If they get that wound up over a game, real life is surely going to kill them sooner or later. So come on, guys. Take a deep breath, count to ten, and run over the damn AI traffic already!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
46Gapa

#23 Post by 46Gapa » 04 May 2014 12:05

I use mods in the game but I DO NOT change game code to my liking ! I love this game but I think moderators take it to personal when we have issues.
spiner980

#24 Post by spiner980 » 04 May 2014 17:50

You can also change it here:
ETS2 Studio: http://www.ets2studio.com/p/download.html
:D
Axel Slingerland

#25 Post by Axel Slingerland » 05 May 2014 01:42

46Gapa wrote:I use mods in the game but I DO NOT change game code to my liking ! I love this game but I think moderators take it to personal when we have issues.
Oh well... That's your choice. Just like it's your choice to be rude and then expect people to be nice in return. I DO NOT see the logic in that. But then again, I don't really care. It's your problem, not mine.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
MaxTrucker

#26 Post by MaxTrucker » 05 May 2014 11:07

I'm with ohaha all the way on this one.

How many of you actually drive a B category veh? (car)

How many of you who have B category applied for and acquired C category (truck over 3.500kg. semis presented in this game are classified as a subcategory of C over 7 500kg mass)?

How many of you who have C category actually drove a 16m truck?

How many overall of you know a thing or two about physics/trigonometry that would help you understand how to handle a long vehicle, especially a vehicle that is 16,50m in length and has a ~10m trailer that has no maneuverable axis?

How many questions you answered with yes?

Last two weeks I drove in-game 20 000 km and I obeyed every traffic law/sign/rule and I had 0€ fines *sleeping offence once or twice maybe*

Suggestion to moderators>

In the complaint/bugs section post a big red banner saying>

DON'T POST YOUR PROBLEMS IF YOU DIDN'T OBEY THE LAW

One big edit>

Every traffic law in the world says "Avoid creating a potential disaster in traffic, EVEN IF you are right by law. The spirit of law says that all participants should do everything in their power to keep themselves and everyone else safe. WHO is RIGHT, and WHO is WRONG is up to the traffic police to determine if an incident occurs.
46Gapa

#27 Post by 46Gapa » 05 May 2014 12:42

Maxtrucker; I have been driving in America for 53 years and have seen all sorts of things . I drove a school bus until I found out that the Administration WILL NOT protect their drivers. After achieving an AM CDL license I found out how little most people do not understand the rules. Most of our big truckers ignore most of the rules of the road. Improper lane choice; following too close; improper signals; and others.
So, yes, I know where you are coming from but I do not know where some of the information that we are given comes from?
MaxTrucker

#28 Post by MaxTrucker » 05 May 2014 14:30

Back up to my first post in the thread, where I specifically stated the only occurence I see as a result of poor AI programming> When you exit the company lot, and have to turn immediately left/right, the sudden spawn of an AI at speed which then can't dodge you...

Otherwise: lower your braking strength to around 20-30% of the bar in the game options and obey all the rules, and even if you know you are right, try to avoid the potential incident, and after the danger passes try to work your way around the problem you were caused by the crazy AI...

I'm not an apologist, and quite a few bugs remain to be tweaked regarding AI behaviour, but as the IRL law says, obey the law and do everything you can to keep yourself and others safe, whenever possible. This simulation(game) tries to reflect that.

A trucker can't do anything regular cars can (A truck can't overtake in 5 seconds, but in 30 or a whole minute, and rare are those who attempt this outside highways. A semi can't speed much because it's haulin 18-40t of cargo therefore its acceleration is pathetic compared to a car etc etc) because he has to have tachograph records for up to 28 days for traffic police control, and two years if your name/plates are mentioned in a court case...

The game allows for quite a few exploits, where it actually should. Let the driver see how big of an impact 140km/h truck with 20t cargo in the back has on the road, how it handles, why there's a speed limiter etc etc. As long as you do your best to simulate real life conditions when driving ETS2, the game will reflect that more or less, and you won't get fined. If you decide to break the rules, the fines and their cost are symbolic, as a way to show you the kinds of things that would be extremely dangerous IRL (driving without lights, crossing a red light, speeding, driving tired)

I repeat> Only case where the AI is REALLY AT FAULT and YOU CAN'T DO ANYTING TO PREVENT IT is...see top of post, or my first post in this thread
(SCS could fix this once and for all with just a small tweak)
BigLarry1950

#29 Post by BigLarry1950 » 05 May 2014 15:00

I somewhat agree with that. I have turned off the speed limiter, but use the cruise control frequently. It seems the cruise control does a better job of maintaining speeds especially 1 to 2 k p/h below posted speed limits, which I normally drive with trailers in tow. As far as roundabouts, I have seen better results at much slower speeds. In most cases, AI's will try to avoid you. The only major incidences I see are at entrance lanes from slip roads. Quite frequently, AI's will move into the driving lane without giving way to vehicles in that lane. This, of course, results in a crash. I have seen in some cases, AI's crashing into AI's in the driving lane (better them, than me). As for me lane changing, I do this very cautiously. I signal well enough in advance and make sure nothing is close behind. I maneuver between lanes carefully, not abruptly. But, AI's will crash into my trailer even though I am more than 75% into a desired lane. I believe a lot of this problem may be because of AI's traveling at speeds over 120 k p/h an unable to respond to what I'm doing. Again, I make sure I have sufficient clearance before I attempt a lane change.

But the game is much improved since the patches began. I have recently installed TSM map 4.7.2 and Jazzycat's 2.3 trailer pack.
Attachments
Maybe AI's will leave me alone if they think I'm a STUDENT DRIVER
Maybe AI's will leave me alone if they think I'm a STUDENT DRIVER
Student Driver ETS2.jpg (137.47 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
MaxTrucker

#30 Post by MaxTrucker » 07 May 2014 04:16

It probably varies by country, but overall highest speed a semi can drive at in a country is between 70 and 90 kmh.
(Make a habit: when you pass a border line, stop before the sign, and if you miss it, open the game menu and go to photo mode to see the sign and maybe even take a picture) Also, BigLarry, when you're changing a lane, give your turn indicator long before you actually switch your lane, then start moving slowly sideways towards the lane you're changing to, and keep checking your side mirrors *camera number 5 also does good if you can use it fast enough*

I can't guarantee you won't get fined, but I can nearly guarantee 99% your damage to tractor and trailer will be minimal to none (scratches)

When driving a car, most of the time you drive, you use for observing the road and particularly the side streets, checking for speeding and aggressive maniacs.
When driving a truck, the importance of that portion of driving is only heightened.
Attachments
Semi&gt;<br />Settlement 5am/11pm 50<br />Settlement 11pm/5am 60<br />Outside settlement 70<br />Outside settlement, physically divided tracks 80<br />Motorway/Highway 80
Semi>
Settlement 5am/11pm 50
Settlement 11pm/5am 60
Outside settlement 70
Outside settlement, physically divided tracks 80
Motorway/Highway 80
ets2_00098.png (229.96 KiB) Viewed 4591 times

Return to “Bugs 1.9”