#11 Post by ohaha » 15 May 2014 18:13

You can, all, relax. This is not a bug.
Intended behavior. :)
Retired, but still loving it.
116808apd

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Calais Channel tunnel bug

#12 Post by 116808apd » 15 May 2014 18:43

Axel Slingerland wrote:
116808apd wrote:SCS tries to replicate the real deal (so cars entering a train) and ppl start thinking it's a bug. I find it a bit funny tbh :mrgreen:
I didn't think it was a bug. At first, I thought the train was SCS's way of making the game cope with connecting with the different driving methods, driving on the left in the UK and driving on the right in the rest of Europe. Never having been there, seen it or even read anything about it, I did not know that is how the real tunnel is.
I'm not saying it's a bug...

As I wrote: SCS tries to replicate the real deal. So doing what so many people are demanding (e.g. ferries where cars are driving on etc.)

And when SCS does something like this, people label it a bug...

That is what makes me chuckle... I have seen the same with ProMods sometimes.

And scs just made this so it's more real. There is no relation to LHD/RHD with this. IRL you can take either the train or the boat to the UK... that's basically what is happening here. It works exactly the same as a ferry. It's basically teleporting.
-
Reinhard

#13 Post by Reinhard » 15 May 2014 20:29

116808apd wrote:It works exactly the same as a ferry. It's basically teleporting.
Agree to all you wrote. But I must say that how it is done is one of the few aspects of the game where I was really a bit disappointed. When I first encountered it. I expected something different, from the promotional pictures.

I don't mind to be teleported, not at all. I don't want to be rocked and rolled on a wagon all the way to England. Would be boring. But entering the train, closely and carefully, and park it straight behind other trucks already boarded, would have been more fun. Yes, I know the game engine would have to be tweaked to allow several trucks/trailers teleported in a row, but nevertheless....

Even more the ferries. Not that I really expected to prowl along narrow slopes and riding the different decks of a huge ferry... But just parking the truck on a huge place was kind of a setback. In context of what to expect after ETS 1.

Anyway, the game is great, and I love the new AI. So much better than I allowed myself to hope for. Driving is now so much fun.
alessio

Re: Calais Channel tunnel bug [as designed]

#14 Post by alessio » 15 May 2014 21:15

I have seen AI cars entering the train railcars since 1.8 patch. Why it should be a bug?
Axel Slingerland

#15 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 May 2014 21:33

116808apd wrote:I'm not saying it's a bug...
I knew that. I was agreeing with you...
Reinhard wrote:Even more the ferries. Not that I really expected to prowl along narrow slopes and riding the different decks of a huge ferry...
They could have done something like that. I've played lots of RPG games that had "moving platforms" in them.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Reinhard

#16 Post by Reinhard » 17 May 2014 15:06

Reinhard wrote: I don't mind to be teleported, not at all. I don't want to be rocked and rolled on a wagon all the way to England. Would be boring. But entering the train, closely and carefully, and park it straight behind other trucks already boarded, would have been more fun. Yes, I know the game engine would have to be tweaked to allow several trucks/trailers teleported in a row, but nevertheless...
Of course what I wrote about a few days ago couldn't be done by modding. But to drive into one of these wagons, at least, should be possible. So I tried. Well, it is only one wagon, because I didn't want to remove too many spawn points. And driving all the way through the train would be fun the first time, but quite boring later on.

At least that lousy activation spot is now located more properly, I think.

My first video. Admittedly a big dark. But I think everybody interested should get the message what this is all about anyway.
ohaha

#17 Post by ohaha » 17 May 2014 15:09

Wow! I love this! How come I didn't think about it? :?
When will you release this? Or is it already out there and I don't know it? :)
Reinhard

#18 Post by Reinhard » 17 May 2014 15:18

Soon. :)

EDIT: But unfortunately, this will be only be useful for map makers. Because that particular type of activation point is not part of the prefab. Rather to be placed in the map-editor. Why? No idea.
ohaha

#19 Post by ohaha » 17 May 2014 16:01

do like I did with the truck dealer... if you can't move the activation point inside the prefab, modify the prefab, around the activation point :D
Reinhard

#20 Post by Reinhard » 17 May 2014 16:24

Interesting idea. But I guess this is not easy with such a huge prefab...

I will have to think about it. For now it is released as-is.

Return to “Bugs 1.9”