Unrecoverable Accidents suggestion.

Do you want to see this resolved?

Yes
67%
Yes, by using method i suggested in comments.
17%
No
8%
Other (Comment)
8%

Total votes: 12

DocMoriarty

Unrecoverable Accidents suggestion.

#1 Post by DocMoriarty » 20 Aug 2014 06:56

I got blocked in an accident yesterday on the highway to Zürich, Schweiz (Switzerland) that didn't resolve itself. Waited a couple minutes but nothing happened. Ended up saving and loading to clear way. If accidents don't clear themselves by ingame means then they are IMO immersionbreaking and pointless.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Unrecoverable Accident

#2 Post by Flemming V » 20 Aug 2014 07:07

I agree, even I like those funny accidents random, they should of course resolve themself.
I know it sounds stupid, but did you try to use your horn, it has solved a few of those for me.
Actually it has solved so many traffic jams for me, that I don't know what to think about it,
was it a coincidence or does it actually work. ;)
DocMoriarty

#3 Post by DocMoriarty » 20 Aug 2014 07:18

Yes i always use the horn in that situations too and so did AI. But all that honking didn't change anything. The passenger car in front of me tried to back off a bit as they usually do when resolving but that didn't help either. The bus didn't use 4 blinkers and never made any attempt to move. And the truck on the right side was using 4 blinkers but in a position where he can't really move.
Cadde

#4 Post by Cadde » 20 Aug 2014 19:36

Moved to Feature Wishlists and Suggestions for discussion, added poll.
While "seemingly" a bug it doesn't fit into the bug reports section of the forum because it was programmed that way. It is working "as intended", even if it's not optimal.

------------------------------------------

I have suggested in the past that AI vehicles who get stuck in the same spot for more than 2-3 minutes should be cleared automatically.

EDIT: By the way, SCS already knows about this happening. I am sure they are trying to find a solution to the problem. Please discuss further.
On extended hiatus.
DocMoriarty

Re: Unrecoverable Accidents suggestion.

#5 Post by DocMoriarty » 20 Aug 2014 21:45

Bugs don't necessarely crash a program.

And yes if there is no other solution then let them disappear. Or create these accidents in a way that ensures they can be resolved, this probably the better solution.
n4gix

#6 Post by n4gix » 20 Aug 2014 23:35

I encountered one "accident" that was very, VERY "scary" and realistic...

An AI car had run off the road, tumbled down an embankment, and rolled into a tree.

[ external image ]
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 20 Aug 2014 23:45

Well, that just goes to show you, this ain't a Hollywood movie. If it was, that car would have exploded about half way down the embankment, the car and the tree would be burning, and the AI in the car would be screaming "Hewp me! Hewp me!" [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
n4gix

#8 Post by n4gix » 21 Aug 2014 00:02

...or at the very least have some dents and crumpled fenders! As you can see though, I did pull up as close as I could so I could go see if anyone was hurt... :mrgreen:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
CXN2615

#9 Post by CXN2615 » 21 Aug 2014 05:34

:roll: Why don't you try to use the "Rescue", That's more "realistic" in some point.
Turt213

#10 Post by Turt213 » 21 Aug 2014 07:11

CXN2615 wrote::roll: Why don't you try to use the "Rescue", That's more "realistic" in some point.
Why do they need rescuing? Their not in the accident.

With all these accidents, we nearly need a tow truck to collect them :D ETTS anyone???

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”