Wrong type of Autobahn exits in Germany

Keule

Wrong type of Autobahn exits in Germany

#1 Post by Keule » 10 Dec 2014 16:00

Hello there,
i've been playing ETS2 for a while. While I drove through Germany, there often occured wrongly completed Autobahn exits on two-lane highways.

In Germany an Autobahn has always two lanes, even at exits. Before an exit, the breakdown lane on the right is converted into an off-ramps forking off to the right (see left side in the picture below). However, in ETS2 often the right lane forks off (see right side in the picture below). This is not a realistic depiction of german Autobahn exits as the highway always keeps at least 2 lanes at straight direction (an exception is if the Autobahn ends). In addition, ETS2 uses traffic signs announcing that an extra off-ramp on the right forks off, but then the right driving lane forks off. That signalling is wrong and doesn't conform to the Autobahn standard.

The traffic signalling issue has already been reported here: http://goo.gl/5yLLvb

[ external image ]

Example:
Traffic signs indicate two lanes straight and an off-ramp forking off to the right, but in fact, only the left lane goes straight ahead and the right lane forks off

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Bombe 20

Re: Wrong type of Autobahn exits in Germany

#2 Post by Bombe 20 » 10 Dec 2014 19:18

I'm from Germany too and I can totally confirm that.

Greetz
Bombe 20
Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 10 Dec 2014 19:49

And I can confirm that you didn't search the forum before you posted about that. [ external image ]

You might as well get used to it, because that's the way it is and it is very unlikely to change, as it has been that way all along. SCS has other priorities.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
ETS2Bug

#4 Post by ETS2Bug » 10 Dec 2014 19:52

Yeah that is one thing I really hate in ETS2. Autobahn exits are unrealistic, but I think it is to late to change this now and it's not a bug. It a suggestion or a wish for a feature. But if it gets ingame I would love it!
SiSL
SCS Software

#5 Post by SiSL » 10 Dec 2014 20:02

Actually that's how it is "usually" for rest of Europe as well, not just Germany, very few instances that lane numbers reduce for exit.

Because that's usually how road construction deals are done with governments. eg. Government asks for 3 lane road, means 3 lane everywhere unless geographic challanges (like tunnels under mountains etc.) exits usually gives additional lane like in drawing...

Very few cases otherwise but there are :)

Obviously suggestion is logical considering how roads are scaled down making you constantly look out for exits and makes you go almost always on middle lane with too many exits... but this is suggestion part...

However bug part in this post is "road signs" indicating it :) They were much more before , but SCS cleaned most of these wrong signs over past updates. If you notice a wrong road sign , please bug it with SHIFT+F11 tool that takes screenshot and also creating bugs.txt on your ETS2 user data folder.

Return to “Bugs 1.14”