no 3D grass vegetation on 1m offset road center strips

Reinhard

no 3D grass vegetation on 1m offset road center strips

#1 Post by Reinhard » 10 Dec 2014 18:24

If I'm not completely mistaken, this was even already reported, long ago. I'm reporting it again because I think the circumstances leading to this behavior wasn't understood well, then. This is at least true for myself. :D

This is a generic issue which happens all over the map, but here is a location for a quick look:

Code: Select all

no grass on 1m center material of road ; [10/12/2014  18:39] (sec+0005+0003);21182.2;71.6842;15678.4
I'm talking of the strip between both sides of a road. In fact every road with an offset of 1m doesn't show any 3-dimensional grass, regardless of the material used. If I choose a different road look with a 2m offset or more, in the properties of an existing road, 3D grass will suddenly appear, out of the blue.

This is both true for city roads and 2 lane highways, the only types with 1m offset I know.

I know it is a minor issue, but these road strips do look so "naked", if you once got used to all the weed. I cannot imagine this is on purpose, so I consider it to be a bug.

See the (clean) log here: http://pastebin.com/8sTwxdZi. This is from a completely vanilla map editing session where I checked that it is not due to mods. Game version 1.14.2s, but again, I have seen this for a good time now, and tried to fix such spots in the past without grasping it is due to the center offset.

Return to “Bugs 1.14”