SCS Software

message board
It is currently 24 May 2017 10:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017 19:57 

I'm a newbie to this "blender" and old (45), so the computer skills are not as good as some of you younger ones......

I'm after some help, either explained or to any youtube videos in English(i've searched quite a few myself).

I have combined a Antenna mod to give my Scania twin ariel's, attached to the lightbox.

But how can I make it so that my Anntena has its own selection point on the cab (not sure what you cal it)

As you can see, i've managed to use it on a New R700 Scania as well as RJL's T cab (both fab mods by the way)

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017 22:33 

I have been into a truck model and found the square block, but dont know how to make my own!

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017 22:40 

While you have this "block" selected press Shift-D to duplicate it, then you can rename it via Object tab and move in any place you want.
Or you can create new one by pressing Shift-A, then select Empty -> Cube. You can then adjust cube name via Object tab and set its scale via Data tab. Typical scale size is 0.05-0.1

PS This "block" officially called locator or dummy.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017 22:45 

Thank you, i'll give it another go.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017 22:49 

Just remember one important thing about locators: never press "apply location and rotation" button after you moved them. Otherwise, it will be moved at the center of the root object.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017 22:50 

AlexeyP wrote:
Just remember one important thing about locators: never press "apply location and rotation" button after you moved them. Otherwise, it will be moved at the center of the root object.

Good tip.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 00:36 

AlexeyP wrote:
While you have this "block" selected press Shift-D to duplicate it, then you can rename it via Object tab and move in any place you want.
Or you can create new one by pressing Shift-A, then select Empty -> Cube. You can then adjust cube name via Object tab and set its scale via Data tab. Typical scale size is 0.05-0.1

PS This "block" officially called locator or dummy.

AlexeyP. I Duplicated the "WUNDERBAUM[]" locator, and renamed it on the righthand side of my screen, is that the area that you referered to as the "Object tab", as when copy the file into my original file, it doesnt show up?

Just to see if I had the correct version, I tried renaming the original locator (WUNDERBAUM[]) to antenna, and it stopped that showing as well!!

I dont if I'm renaming it in the correct part.

Sorry to be a pest.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 10:26 

stevieb71 You can rename locator this way too.
But what`s your locator name? I can`t recognize it (especially last symbols).
Anyway, check, if your new locator name has no more, than 12 symbols total ([] doesn`t count). Example: ANTENNA_LEFT[] - max possible name length, which will work. ANTENNA_RIGHT[] - will not work (13 symbols).
Also, now your new locator parent object is CAB_B, so it will work only for one cabin type (highline, iirc), so you must create one more locator for every other cabin: CAB_A, CAB_C etc
After you have created locator and exported your model, you should create sii file in def/vehicle/truck/insert_your_truck_name_here/accessories/insert_your_locator_name_here/part_name.sii
Where insert_your_truck_name_here - some already existing truck internal name (scania.t in your case, for example), insert_your_locator_name_here - name of your locator (antenna_left for example, without [] of course), part_name - can be any (part.sii for example).
Example of part.sii
Code:
SiiNunit
{
accessory_addon_data : part.scania.t.antenna_l
{
   name: "Antenna left"
   price: 100
   unlock: 1
   icon: "icon_name"
   exterior_model: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/antenna_l/antenna_l.pmd"
   variant: variant_name
   look: look_name

}
}

How this works:
accessory_addon_data : part.scania.t.antenna_l
part - name of your sii file (part.sii), scania.t - internal truck name, antenna_l - locator name
name - can be any, should be in quotes
price - part price (1-infinity)
unlock - unlock level (0-30)
icon - icon name without dds extension from material\ui\accessory
exterior_model - path to your pmd with tuning part (antenna etc)
variant and look - variant and look name from pmd file of your tuning part (antenna etc)

PS
Marked red - Object tab, marked yellow - object name field, marked green - object parent object

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 19:53 

Thank you, again.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017 15:17 

Thanks @AlexeyP,
By the proper interpretation of you, I have added the dragon backlight and the new steering wheel to the 50k Daf XF 105, and everything works perfectly.
At first it did not work because I only had a locator placed in the space cab, but after studying the stock Daf XF, I saw that there was also one in the truck base, thnx again.