[!!!] Steam storefront video shows mod content

Smarty
Beta tester

[!!!] Steam storefront video shows mod content

#1 Post by Smarty » 10 Sep 2016 01:39

I thought I'd bring this to SCS' attention. The video that Retroism is using for Haulin on the Steam storefront contains a lot of mod content. The video is 1:03 long and 0:23 (~33%) of that is of content not in the game. :?

0:25-0:30 - entire vehicle combination is mods (Peterbilt 379, wheels, and Great Dane reefer with Prime Inc skin)
0:40-0:58 - Freightliner Cascadia and Wabash trailer (Swift combo)
Centrino2

Re: [!!!] Steam storefront video shows mod content

#2 Post by Centrino2 » 10 Sep 2016 01:50

Well, I guess ya can mark them up as a shady company.

Does SCS know this game is being re released on Steam?

Or do they not have the rights to their own game?
Drive Safely

#3 Post by Drive Safely » 10 Sep 2016 01:54

"Climb in the can and find out!" - yeah, this Retroism company doesn't know what they're doing
LeafeonGold

#4 Post by LeafeonGold » 10 Sep 2016 02:32

I also spotted some Mercedes-Benz Sprinters in traffic, you're not really supposed to showcase products with mods, unless they come bundled into the game (which, if that's the case, is also a problem).
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
Smarty
Beta tester

#5 Post by Smarty » 10 Sep 2016 03:53

I should think SCS would be aware of the re-release. They would be due royalties from any sales, unless their original contract with ValuSoft had some kind of expiry date. Publishing rights would belong to ValuSoft Cosmi right now, and Retroism seems to have licensed digital distribution rights for most (all?) of their catalog on the Steam platform.

At least they had the sense to lower the prices on ET and ET2 (CAD$11 now vs ~20 a year ago iirc). I still think they'd have more success around $5-8; less margin, but that seems to be the sweet spot for impulsive buys (or at least that's where my better judgement begins to falter :? ).

Drive Safely: I think they're just reusing the text from the retail boxes. ValuSoft had no shortage of grandiose wording that oversold the action factor. Retroism just inherited their mess. :P I think I still have my AA/PTTM retail boxes somewhere...

Centrino2: I'm reserving judgement on their shade-factor for now. They have Turok in their catalog, so they may just win me over with fire-breathing t-rexes and god-awful sound effects.
Dan

#6 Post by Dan » 10 Sep 2016 05:02

And I`m quite sure the video is taken from a channel named Trucker Trex

And I`m also sure he can sue the publisher for copyright (unless an actual customer does it for misleading advertising)
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Sep 2016 07:56

Smarty wrote:They have Turok in their catalog
You don't see games like that anymore a shame really

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'”