Need help installing a '52 Bullnose KW

TruckHer

Need help installing a '52 Bullnose KW

#1 Post by TruckHer » 21 Feb 2017 17:36

For a long time I've been trying to install a 1952 KW Bullnose Tractor into 18 WoS Haulin' without any success. The installation instructions in the read me are as follows:

copy and paste interior_storage.sii
@include "definition/fltpint1.sii"

copy and paste camera_storage.sii
@include "units/interior_05379fltp.sii"

copy and paste truck_storage.sii
@include "definition/bull.sii"

Once extracted there are six basic folders within, each having one or more sub-folders:

automat, def, material, model, unit, vehicle.

I have gone through ALL the folders and sub-folders numerous times and I just can't find any
interior_storage.sii, camera_storage.sii, or truck_storage.sii folders. Is this a lost cause or can someone with a better understanding of installing Mods have any suggestions? I've been playing this game for over a year and never had this kind of difficulty installing Mods. I've got a 48' Custom Spread Axle Reefer that would really look good hooked up to this Bullnose tractor. All replies will be greatly appreciated. :?:
87granny

Re: Need help installing a '52 Bullnose KW

#2 Post by 87granny » 21 Feb 2017 23:04

Look in the game base and you can find all those folders just add those lines as needed and paste them to your desktop so the base still has them in the files resave them as a scs fIles and install them in the mod folder
TruckHer

#3 Post by TruckHer » 22 Feb 2017 02:13

Thank you very much, 87granny. This gives me something new to try tomorrow. Greatly appreciated!
TruckHer

#4 Post by TruckHer » 22 Feb 2017 19:58

Well, it seems I'm still doing something wrong! I added the three lines to the three Base storage folders and the Base SCS 334 MB is the only folder in the Mod folder, but the truck still doesn't show up in the game. Should it be a separate truck from the list of trucks to buy or does it take the place of an existing game truck? When adding the three lines should they be added to the bottom of the list or the top or does it make any differance? Very frustrating!!!!!!! :x
TruckHer

#5 Post by TruckHer » 26 Feb 2017 23:42

I've discovered that after I add the "@include..." lines to the appropriate folder and go into the game the truck still does not show up in the game. The reason might be that when I go to save the file after adding the line the permission to save the change in the archive folder is denied! Therefore when I come out of the game and check the lines in the BASE folder.......they're gone! Can anyone out there reading this give me a clue as to what I have to do to keep these lines in their folders so the truck shows up in the game? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :?: :?: :?:
room217au

#6 Post by room217au » 26 Feb 2017 23:49

Best results for editing mods is to unpack the archive into a folder on your desktop.
I've never played 18wos but looking at the folder structure you posted, the format is the same.
The files you are wanting to add/modify go in the def folder.
It's probably a good idea to unpack the game's def.scs to see where these files go exactly.
Also, when adding an include line, there cannot be a space before the @ symbol.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 27 Feb 2017 09:47

TruckHer wrote:The reason might be that when I go to save the file after adding the line the permission to save the change in the archive folder is denied!
This could be due to some Windows restrictions. I use 7Zip, and if I have a mod open in it, and I try to move a .zip (aka a mod) it won't let me because the file is open. If I close the .zip file it may still not work because 7Zip is still open. So if I close 7Zip completely, then it will work. I don't know if this will help you at all, but it's worth trying... So you might try closing whatever program you use for .zip files whenever you are not using it and see if it is a little more cooperative. It could also be that your mod folder is set to "Read Only". Right on the folder and if there is a checkbox that says "Read Only" that is checked, uncheck it and click "Ok".

Good luck!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
TruckHer

#8 Post by TruckHer » 27 Feb 2017 19:56

Well, it was a nice try. I too use 7Zip. I closed everything having to do with that file. I no longer got the "access denied" message (which is some improvement) but as soon as I closed everything I went back into camera_storage.sii and the added line was not there. I didn't have to go into the game. If I could make those three "@include" lines stay in the three storage.sii files I believe the truck would show up in the game. The "Read Only" box was not checked.
room217au

#9 Post by room217au » 27 Feb 2017 20:56

Something that you may not have thought of..
Make a folder on your desktop called "my_kw_mod" and inside that folder, duplicate the folder structure to each of the three files you want to replace in the cabover KW mod.
Make sure it is exactly the same as the original truck mod, but all the folders are empty except for the relevant sub-folder. the file you edited goes in the last folder. There might be more than one folder that has a file in it. It just depends on which file(s) you are wanting to affect.
When you're done, archive all the folders in that "my_kw_mod" folder on your desktop, use "store" compression method and archive type should be "zip".
It won't take more than a second or two.
Change the extension of thearchive you just made to: .scs and copy it to 18WOS mod folder.
You need to give it a higher priority than your original KW mod.

See how that goes.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
TruckHer

#10 Post by TruckHer » 28 Feb 2017 23:37

Don't mind my stupidity but inside the "my_kw_mod" folder I have the
fltpint1
interior_05379fltp
bull
folders with the lines added. I click on "Add to archive" use the Zip format
and the STORE compression method. That gives me a ZIP file. How do I change that to an SCS file to put into the games Mod folder? :roll:

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'”