Suggestions & feature wishlist

SimulatorSam

Re: Suggestions & feature wishlist

#41 Post by SimulatorSam » 09 Mar 2017 16:44

[color=#66FFFF]Smarty[/color] wrote:It's mostly the + dlc's part I don't recommend. It's easy to forget what belongs to which package if it's all slumped together in one pile.
Ok, now that I understand. :) I'm not really messing with trucks (paintjobs etc.), its mainly models for maps so I need stuff like concrete textures and stuff :P
SiSL
SCS Software

#42 Post by SiSL » 09 Mar 2017 19:18

I actually don't ever use game base file...

I made a small base template that has some reflection/shared gps etc. and units that's all. I copy that when I start something new.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#43 Post by Wolfi » 12 Mar 2017 19:34

Ok, so this time a propper sigestion/wish from me:

Merge "SCS Extractor" with "ConverterPIX". Since (I hope) official PIX implementation is in the works, I figured that combining those 2 tools would be really usefull.
Right now, if I want to use "sibling base" I actually need 2 "base" folders, 1 made with scs extractor and another beeing a PIX conversion, because PIX doesn't save text files (.sii files, etc, which are needed for hookup/weather libraries) and BT cannot read unPIXed tobj's (in case I want to use default SCS textures).

So merging those 2 tools could give us a tool that automatically unpacks SCS base archive while keeping def files etc unchanged, and converting models into middle formats. It would make life of beginner moders easier and the whole experience of BT would be greatly improved because "sibling base" would be alot more friendly to use aswell.
Additionally, if the functionality got slightly expanded, to allow this tool to convert mods aswell (zip files), it would make updating old mods and switching them from b2scs to BT alot easier. You would generally be able to unpack a mod with all files in the propper places and then directly pack it without the need of copying all def files manually afterwards.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#44 Post by Mohegan13 » 12 Mar 2017 19:41

Yes, just yes. Make this happen Simon!

You can't deny Jean-Luc Picard!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SimulatorSam

#45 Post by SimulatorSam » 12 Mar 2017 19:49

GENIUS! 8-)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#46 Post by Mohegan13 » 21 Mar 2017 11:57

Path Settings: Would it be possible to be able to set the path settings to include ATS and ETS at the same time, and offer a tick box on import as to which ones Blender should use?

I just imported an ATS mod after working on ETS and naturally had a hookups issue with red blinker. Yes, it's easy enough to switch library paths, but it would be nice if we could just set up both and have that mandatory tick box on import.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
50keda
SCS Software

#47 Post by 50keda » 22 Mar 2017 13:05

@Moh1336: Why don't you rather switch "Use Global Settings" to "From Blend File" (http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documen ... _Operators). This way you can have base path for each of your project however you want ;)

Now if you are importing data, then yes, you have to be careful, but since there is already a lot of path options, adding new input field for path and taking care of it, can be a problem. I wouldn't like to complicate that UI and how everything about paths work even more ;)

@GT-Mike: I wish! :D I will investigate options, maybe sth nice can come out of it.
Smarty
Beta tester

#48 Post by Smarty » 25 Mar 2017 04:01

Something I've noticed: When you import models before configuring the hookup library, the 'expected value' (unit type) doesn't get configured for model hookups. When you configure the hookup library afterwards, the expected value is still missing (warning on export: The Hookup 'you.forgot.something' has no expected value!) – even after refreshing the hookup library. Could some functionality be added to allow this data to be retrieved if it is missing, when the hookup library is refreshed? (bpy.ops.scene.scs_reload_library(library_path_attr="hookup_library_rel_path")) I assume most of the necessary functions exist, seeing as this data is populated during import, if it exists. ;)

Ordinarily this isn't a problem for me because I'm more in the habit of making things from scratch. However, I was messing around with a friend's mod today and realized how this could be problematic for someone who imports a vehicle model with hundreds of locators for lights, etc and later needs to repair the hookups because they forgot to set up the hookup library before importing. As it stands, SCSBT is kind of unforgiving in this particular respect.

Edit:
More thoughts related to hookups: How about a selection method that allows selecting all model locators with a particular hookup assigned? Maybe a 'select similar' method that selects all model locators whose hookup assignment matches that of the active object (or even matching all hookup types in the current selection)?
marcel-dutch

#49 Post by marcel-dutch » 25 Mar 2017 22:29

An easy way to install and use the tools.

For me as a noob is it way to difficult to install and get started.

My point: if I want to manipulate a foto I startup Photoshop and I am ready to work.
For a simple mod to convert from ETS version 1.26 to 1.27 is way to difficult for me as a noob.

Of course I tried. Spending several hours to install and configure blender and follow the instructions at Wiki, but at the end I give up: way too difficult for me.
ohaha

#50 Post by ohaha » 04 Apr 2017 19:28

Is it possible to have the Preview Model for a Locator offer the possibility to select only one of the variants of the pim?
Multiple variants models are rather hard to put to good use.

PS. was this already suggested and dismissed? :D
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “General discussion”