Re: Suggestions & feature wishlist

#51 Post by AmirMahdavi » 10 Apr 2017 13:12

SCS Project Base Path suggestion for SCS Blender Tools

[ external image ]
50keda
SCS Software

#52 Post by 50keda » 11 Apr 2017 13:48

@Smarty: thanks for reminding me, to put warning on import in this case. However checking all object on this library reload is kinda overhead, as this would have to go trough all object each time initialization is triggered.
However if this happens to you, you can set one object and then simply select the rest and use "Copy To Selected":
[ external image ]

and yes, selection by hookup will be made as it makes sense just to find out which locators are having which hookup. Especially useful on flares ;)

@marcel-dutch: for actual mod to convert to 1.27 you don't need blender tools at all, what you need is:

Code: Select all

If necessary, existing PMG resources can be converted to the new format using the -conversion_dump_path command line option (e.g. "-conversion_dump_path c:\path_for_the_converted_resources").
Original link: http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/E ... del_format

@ohaha: Sadly this is not an option right now, as importer does import only PIM which doesn't have a clue about variants. However what I do see as an option in this direction is to eliminate shadow casters. Would that help?

@amir-mahdavi: thx for really nice representation. Currently I would suggest you to use Blender Bookmarks for this, once you select path in file browser you can bookmark it, which you can at later time use it really easily. Now history like this is not directly possible, because for that I would need to change type of variable for base path, which might cause a lot of internal problems as this is one of the most used property around whole tools. Also there is a question, should that be saved to blend file or should be global history etc.?
Smarty
Beta tester

#53 Post by Smarty » 11 Apr 2017 14:56

If not automatic, an operation that can be called manually would be helpful (space -> reinitialize SCS locator hookups). Selecting by hookup will be greatly appreciated though. I've run across mods where all or most of the flare locators are "Untitled.001 .. 999". That's when I decide it's not worth my time to tinker. :lol:

As for Amir's suggestion, Blender bookmarks or copy-paste between documents is preferred imo. 20+ base paths would start to get pretty cumbersome I think.
50keda
SCS Software

#54 Post by 50keda » 11 Apr 2017 15:01

@Smarty: more or less like "Reload SCS Materials"? Like "Fix missing hookups on SCS Model Locators"?

Selection by same hookup done:
[ external image ]
Smarty
Beta tester

#55 Post by Smarty » 11 Apr 2017 15:17

Yessir. That's practically my most-used operator! Nice, elegant design on the selection btw.

Another, passing thought: It would be helpful to have an operator that lists the hookups (and maybe totals) used in the current SCS object, selection, scene, or document. It would give the artist a chance to catch mistakes or evaluate the overhead taken up by hookups.
50keda
SCS Software

#56 Post by 50keda » 11 Apr 2017 16:01

@Smarty: now you took it of the track completely xD Giving finger was wrong I see xD
Smarty
Beta tester

#57 Post by Smarty » 11 Apr 2017 18:24

There's a children's book, "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want milk with that cookie..." etc etc. :lol:
AmirMahdavi

#58 Post by AmirMahdavi » 11 Apr 2017 20:05

@50Keda, @Smarty bookmark not give a good feels :D . but global setting from blend files, is a good suggestion
Smarty
Beta tester

#59 Post by Smarty » 01 May 2017 21:38

I had another idea... [Smarty watches as 50k runs away]

I would be handy if the SCS Object Specials/SCS Parts panel had a button/operator to propagate the object's SCS part assignment to its children. For example, I often group objects belonging to SCS parts into empty objects and sometimes transfer objects between empties/SCS parts. Rather than checking all of the objects for correct part assignments, I would rather just recursively reassign the SCS part via the empty container object. Maybe just add ctrl as a modifier key to the "Assign" button in keeping with recursive visibility/render in the Outliner. So Ctrl+Assign assigns the SCS part to the active object and its children.

I know what you're thinking... "Why not just use 'select hierarchy' before clicking Assign?" 'Select hierarchy' has been very buggy for a while; It takes me 3-4 attempts every time before it yields the expected selection. :lol:
50keda
SCS Software

#60 Post by 50keda » 20 Jun 2017 08:07

@Smarty: selecting hierarchy is as easy as Ctrl + Left click on object icon in outliner. ;)

Return to “General discussion”