Export of pim to pmd

AlexeyP

Export of pim to pmd

#1 Post by AlexeyP » 06 Nov 2016 10:11

Hi guys!

I just started to learn blender tools, because it is more advanced addon, in comparison good old b2scs. But i`m stuck with the very basic thing: export of modified pim to pmd. Of course i watched videos, googled through topics/modding wiki, and even "terrorise" poor Aradeth with my PM`s. :roll:

So what i did:
1) I used converterpix tool to convert/prepare game files to "middle format". Folder name/path: D:\base_exp;
2) Installed latest versions of blender tools and converter helper, assigned "scs project base path" to D:\base_exp. Oh, btw i used newest version of Blender too (2.78);
3) Then i have imported pim of daf xf interior. No errors;
4) Here comes trouble itself! When i tried to immediately export unedited pim model to pmd (via file->export->SCS Soft model (pmd)), i receive: ",there in no scs root obj make sure that model was imported properly"

[ external image ]

So i have three questions:
1) Do i need to prepare model to export? I mean i have to manually recreate model structure with all these DEFAULTPART and collision folders, like it can be seen after the import by Blender2SCS addon?

2) If i have a model with proper SCS internal structure, what menu should i use for export? File->export or export panel of Blender tools addon?
3) If i will need to use export panel of Blender tools addon, what button should i hit to make pmd`s? If i hit big Export button i receive pim, pic and pit files. If i press "convert current scs project" it starts to convert whole folder with game base (D:\base_exp) and after long convert gives me "The massconversion finally ended. 2286 resources failed".

So i`m stuck and any help will be very appreciated!
Retired modder
mwl4

Re: Export of pim to pmd

#2 Post by mwl4 » 06 Nov 2016 12:53

If you want to use SCS Blender Tools, then use only them. Mixing SCS Blender Tools and Blender2SCS is basically bad idea.

So, your pipeline should be:
- use ConverterPIX to convert pmx to pix (binary formats to middle formats)
- import pix into Blender
- export model from Blender to pix files (middle formats)
- use Asset conversion tools [or Conversion Helper] to convert pix to pmx (middle formats to binary formats)

Useful could be documentation available here: http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documentation
AlexeyP

#3 Post by AlexeyP » 06 Nov 2016 13:14

mwl4 Thanks for trying to help. Trust me i was at the modding wiki, it doesn`t help me much. I also watched your video about using of ConverterPix, where you show how to convert (or should i say prepare) base using your tool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpUSlQxMVuw

It clearly shows, that you import pim in blender. But what to do next with this pim?
Retired modder
aradeth

#4 Post by aradeth » 06 Nov 2016 13:22

There is conversion helper under the big export button. Check "Scene" tab in Blender. After exporting the pim, convert pim to pmg. Or use pack converted data at the bottom. It'll convert mid format and pack it as zip to the location you want. For ex. to ETS2 mod folder.
AlexeyP

#5 Post by AlexeyP » 06 Nov 2016 13:38

Indeed, aradeth. But if i press "convert current scs project" it starts to convert whole extracted base (D:\base_exp):
[ external image ]

and in the end all i get is "the massconversion finally ended. 2286 resources failed". And no any pmd, pmg, pmc files inside export path folder (D:\base_exp\export_mod). :(
Retired modder
mwl4

#6 Post by mwl4 » 06 Nov 2016 13:42

Do not convert whole base using ConverterPIX, because it is not neccessary for you.
Remove D:\base_exp, and execute command:

Code: Select all

converter_pix -b "D:\base" -m /vehicle/truck/daf_xf/interior/model
This will produce single model, import it to the blender, export in the same place, and try to convert.
AlexeyP

#7 Post by AlexeyP » 06 Nov 2016 13:44

Thanks, for your help, dear mwl4. I will try this later. ;)
Retired modder
50keda
SCS Software

#8 Post by 50keda » 06 Nov 2016 15:17

@AlexeyP: make sure you take a look at both tutorials on SCS modding wiki, then you should get idea of how whole pipeline works.

And conversion tools are simply taking the input folder which is in your case SCS Project Base path and convert whatever is in there. So if you converted all binary models to "E:\base_ets2" and you are using this path as SCS Project Base path then you will be simply converting all ETS2 data.

I would do this:
1. use converter pix to convert ONLY the model you are interested in (not whole base.scs) to "C:\example_path"
2. set SCS Proeject base path to "C:\example_path"
3. import PIM model
4. export PIM model
5. use PACK CONVERTED DATA with "Auto Convert" enabled.
&. your resources from "C:\example_path" will get converted and packed into selected destination path.
AlexeyP

#9 Post by AlexeyP » 06 Nov 2016 16:03

50Keda, big thanks for step-by-step guide, mate! Now many things are much more clear to me. This is exactly what i`m looking for.
Retired modder
ItzChaz

#10 Post by ItzChaz » 08 Jul 2018 16:40

so if once iv edited my mod yea, and on blender i have the custom export box which comes with scs tools... it exports back into the old pim... how do i then reconvert that into a pmd in the original vehicle folder

Return to “General discussion”