ConverterPIX - Game formats to middle formats

Post any tutorial and tools you might find it useful for other creators.
abasstreppas

Re: ConverterPIX - Game formats to middle formats

#121 Post by abasstreppas » 14 May 2017 23:04

Use either convert current project/custom parts/all, or pack mod. All of these are below the export button ;)
danbywinby

#122 Post by danbywinby » 19 May 2017 20:18

When i read that this tool had no user interface. I though oh crap this is gonna be a pain to use.

But i'm amazed that it works by simply dragging and dropping the folder with the model in that i want to convert. Great work :D
gggp

#123 Post by gggp » 24 Jun 2017 18:34

deleted.
aradeth

#124 Post by aradeth » 02 Jul 2017 14:25

Is there a way to see the errors or a log file after the convert?
Cadde

#125 Post by Cadde » 02 Jul 2017 14:32

Aradeth, check the command window output. That's the only output from ConverterPix.
If you are running this from a batch file then you need to alter it so that it does:

Code: Select all

converter_pix -b C:\ets2_base -m /vehicle/truck/man_tgx/interior/anim s_wheel > conversionLog.log
Replacing that line with whatever parameters you need. The latter > conversionLog.log will write all output of the application into the conversionLog.log file in the current working directory.
On extended hiatus.
mwl4

#127 Post by mwl4 » 30 Jul 2017 10:40

New version of ConverterPIX is available at: https://github.com/mwl4/ConverterPIX

Changelog:
- Support for HashFS (SCS#) *
- Added checks in prefabs loading (no crash if .ppd file is broken)

* now you do not have to extract base.scs or def.scs, just put path to .scs file as -b argument, for instance:

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -m /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/truck
^ default export path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs_exp in this case
** Only uncompressed and compressed files are supported in current HashFS implementation. Encrypted files will throw an exception.
Cadde

#128 Post by Cadde » 30 Jul 2017 12:08

Which files are "encrypted" in HashFS?
On extended hiatus.
mwl4

#129 Post by mwl4 » 30 Jul 2017 13:26

Currently there is no file which is encrypted in hashfs. However, files in locale.scs/locale seems to be encrypted (3nK magic), but in hashfs entries they are not flagged as encrypted.

Some new tools have been added:
-extract_f
> By this tool you can extract single file from mounted bases. Export path is by default first base path + "_exp".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -extract_f /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/model.pmg
-extract_d
> By this tool you can extract whole directory (with subdirectories) from mounted bases. Export path is by default first base path + "_exp".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -extract_d /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/
-listdir
> By this tool you can list files from directory not recursively. Result will be printed to stdout. Encrypted files will be tagged as "(encrypted)".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -listdir /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/
-listdir_r
> By this tool you can list files from directory recursively. Result will be printed to stdout. Encrypted files will be tagged as "(encrypted)".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -listdir_r /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/
Cadde

#130 Post by Cadde » 30 Jul 2017 14:29

There's nothing stopping you from extracting "encrypted" files from locale.scs etc. The files will extract just fine, but they will still be encoded with 3NK magic.
On extended hiatus.

Return to “User Tutorials & Tools”