Newsletter #1

n4gix

Re: Newsletter #1

#21 Post by n4gix » 22 May 2015 18:45

Katixa wrote:Currently map editing works this way:...
Are you certain about that? I was under the impression that the correct method is to remove all un-modified sectors from "your new map mod" prior to compiling it.

If that is not correct procedure, then it bloody well should be. If I add a dirt road and scenery farm to some place in a single sector, then my "map mod" should be only that one sector, plus any support files of course... 8-)
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
Katixa

#22 Post by Katixa » 22 May 2015 18:58

@n4gix: I'm not sure I understand. Yes, currently you have to include only the modified sector in the map mod (or as you say, delete unmodified sectors before packing), or else you're just overwritting the whole map, as far as I know, instead of just the sector with that dirt road you mention.
Every day above ground is a good day.
n4gix

#23 Post by n4gix » 22 May 2015 19:21

@Katixa: That was my point. The base.mdb file need not -indeed should not- be included in the map mod, which is what I thought you were saying... :?
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
Reinhard

#24 Post by Reinhard » 23 May 2015 08:05

Katixa wrote: The world or map edit I'm suggesting (similar to what Bethesda does), is just that the editor simply tracks changes done, item-level. The map mod file itself does NOT contain the sector, or even the map. It just contains the information for the game to apply THAT specific modification.
Okay, you want to throw everything onto the garbage pile. Well, it was already made clear by SCS that this will not happen, so I'm relaxed. :D My impression is that you are overestimating the problems the current map modding approach has, and underestimating how limiting your suggestion turns out in terms of what we can do with map modding now. Despite all compatibility problems. But after all, these are opinions, your's and mine.
GJST1976

#25 Post by GJST1976 » 23 May 2015 08:22

I am a member of World Of Trucks, but i never got the newsletter in my Inbox and i just wanted to know why and my username is gavt1976. :)
Zulnex

#26 Post by Zulnex » 24 May 2015 00:22

I like the first newsletter very much. Design is amazing and the topics are nicely organized and easy to read. Excellent work!

Looking forward to the next one very much.
Proud to be a real life truck driver.
Pr1nc3

#27 Post by Pr1nc3 » 24 May 2015 13:38

GJST1976 wrote:I am a member of World Of Trucks, but i never got the newsletter in my Inbox and i just wanted to know

What do you need to do in order to receive newsletters?
  • Make sure your email contact info is up to date to make sure emails don't go into the spam/junk.
  • Tick "Receive updates about latest news and special events" in account options page (in case you haven't subscribed already).
In case you have missed first newsletter go here and read it.
danbywinby

#28 Post by danbywinby » 26 May 2015 12:15

So when can we expecr the next newsletter?

At least I hope this one is the first of many more to come.
Spacedeck

#29 Post by Spacedeck » 21 Oct 2015 12:35

Good read, thank you.

Coach Sim will be part of ETS2? Does this mean ETS2 will continue to be developed for a good few years still?

And I'm too interested in the next newsletter edition.
Puncake

#30 Post by Puncake » 05 Feb 2016 23:54

Hello,

In a recent interview I think pavel said there is at least 5 more DLC to come out. This will include France - teased in a recent blog post along with a Renault t.

Coach sim is coming as DLC I think (correct me if I'm wrong) and will be individual DLC because of licenses. I believe they have a few models developed already.

Return to “General discussion about the game”