mouse steering?

THU31

mouse steering?

#1 Post by THU31 » 02 Jan 2013 11:35

Does this game support mouse steering?

I bought it on Steam a few days ago, and it only allows me to choose "keyboard only". It is the same thing with the downloadable trial.

I am very disappointed with that, because every other trucking game I played (Across America, Pedal to the Metal, ETS1, ETS2) supports mouse steering.
I lamented I had no shoes, until I saw the man who sold them.

I was sad when I had no Dodge, until I saw the man who had one.
THU31

Re: mouse steering?

#2 Post by THU31 » 02 Jan 2013 15:21

I have a rather old A4Tech SWOP-80. Every other game works with it.

Also, I can assign my mouse buttons to actions, so it seems to work properly. But I only have "keyboard only" in that list.

THU31

#3 Post by THU31 » 05 Jan 2013 10:59

Does nobody here have this game?

I also wanted to contact the support, but I have found no way of doing so. All I found were some pretty much pointless FAQs and other stuff that did not really help. No e-mail, contact form or anything. :(

Alex Rhaan

#4 Post by Alex Rhaan » 08 Jan 2013 00:45

Yes I have this game. Never tried using a mouse. Keyboard, joystick and wheel only in my history.
Even a cheap wheel w/o FF is better than KB in my opinion.
Alex
THU31

#5 Post by THU31 » 08 Jan 2013 10:46

Could you please check if you can choose "keyboard + mouse"?

As for a wheel, better or not better. The mouse offers perfect precision in games like this, and there are more actions than there are buttons on a steering wheel, not to mention a complicated menu.

Anyway, I just cannot understand why I cannot use a mouse, when I can in every other game.

ohaha

#6 Post by ohaha » 20 Jan 2013 15:02

THU31 wrote:I also wanted to contact the support, but I have found no way of doing so.
try
info scssoft.com
Retired, but still loving it.
Reinhard

#7 Post by Reinhard » 20 Jan 2013 16:22

I never played this game, but I think I can vaguely remember that mouse steering wasn't supported, out of the box.

A Czech guy named František Milt (aka =NcS=Sniper) once made a program for this, at least the name of it suggests so. Unfortunately, he closed his website a while ago. But here is a link to version 1.3, I think it is the most mature version.

http://www.uloz.to/xkjMHT1/alh-mouse-st ... r-v1-3-rar

Press the big yellow button. On the next page, you have to enter a captcha in the middle column, and to hit the yellow button below.

Can't tell you anything about it, but there is a Readme included, in English. Good luck.
Mark001

#8 Post by Mark001 » 14 Mar 2014 14:10

Reinhard wrote:I never played this game, but I think I can vaguely remember that mouse steering wasn't supported, out of the box.

A Czech guy named František Milt (aka =NcS=Sniper) once made a program for this, at least the name of it suggests so. Unfortunately, he closed his website a while ago. But here is a link to version 1.3, I think it is the most mature version.

http://www.uloz.to/xkjMHT1/alh-mouse-st ... r-v1-3-rar

Press the big yellow button. On the next page, you have to enter a captcha in the middle column, and to hit the yellow button below.

Can't tell you anything about it, but there is a Readme included, in English. Good luck.
Your suggestion is helpful. Thank you. If this game supports the mouse steering, then it would be wonderful game.......
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 14 Mar 2014 14:17

I wrote that a year ago. I didn't knew then that the guy I mentioned is a member of this forum, already

Sniper is an active supporter of this community. If he doesn't read this, you may want him to ask, personally. He might even remember this old stuff. :D

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul”