alternate "coin.ogg" & "money_4.ogg" not possible

Frachti

alternate "coin.ogg" & "money_4.ogg" not possible

#1 Post by Frachti » 07 Oct 2015 17:58

Hello,

I just tried to change the following sounds in sound/ui: "coin.ogg" and "money_4.ogg". The game still plays the default sounds and it is definitely not possible to change them. The .scs-file I´ve made is saved with "store" (without compression). A user confirmed the issue in "help request" :
Grimples wrote:You cannot change that file, the game will still play the original unless you use -force_mods. Warning: -force_mods disables the Mod Manager & the game will load your mods in alphabetical & numerical order.
If this is a bug and not intented by SCS I hope for a bugfix.

best regards
i7-6700k@4.0GHz, 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile1:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64
Profile2:Promods beta testing
ohaha

Re: alternate "coin.ogg" & "money_4.ogg" not possible

#2 Post by ohaha » 07 Oct 2015 18:10

I think this is rather for wishlist section, than a bug.
Retired, but still loving it.
Frachti

#3 Post by Frachti » 07 Oct 2015 18:15

Okay, I wasn´t sure about the right thread. But the other sounds are replaceable, so it seems to be a bug i.m.o.

best regards :)
i7-6700k@4.0GHz, 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 07 Oct 2015 19:12

FYI, these two sounds are part of UI. and UI must be loaded before profile (with its mods) is selected. therefore the game does not react to moded basic UI - its already in memory and running.
force mods param works directly at the start before anything is loaded (at the cost of loading all available mods).

i will look if anything can be done there.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 Oct 2015 19:31

This is just a passing thought, but would it be possible to make individual volume controls in the game options for things like the truck sounds, the outside sounds, the UI sounds, etc., so that some things could be louder than others and then you could control the overall volume with your speaker volume control? Or if that is not possible, is it possible to control the volume of some of these things via settings in the game files?
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
cleber_oro

#6 Post by cleber_oro » 07 Oct 2015 20:00

Max is possible add a parameter in the manifest.sii file to force a specific mod load before profile? E.g. force_mod: 1

Idea stolen from Reef (here)
Reinhard

#7 Post by Reinhard » 07 Oct 2015 21:02

Well... At first I thought: Excellent idea. And should be possible because manifests are read right in the beginning.

My only concern is about those people who are even now a bit challenged with the mod manager. If you use "-force_mods", you hopefully know what you are doing. But such a parameter, like suggested, would be inserted by modders, not by plain users.

With such a per-mod condition, some mods will be "magically" enabled. SCS would have to make them to appear as always selected (kind of sticky), in the manager. Which would provoke questions, protests and bug reports.

My favorite solution would be to be able to load mods any time. Even if these where loaded - and used - before.

This might be difficult to implement. But otherwise, it could make mod-development (and last but not least game-development) much more comfortable. May be with a console-triggered access to the mod-manager?

Okay, there may be very good technical reasons why this is not done already, and might never will be. But I wanted to mention this idea, because I want to get it out of my head. I need the room. :D
Frachti

#8 Post by Frachti » 07 Oct 2015 21:07

This is a good topic for the wish list, but here I just wanted to report a bug. In the right thread this topic may be more recognized.

best regards
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 07 Oct 2015 21:48

Excuse me, but this isn't a "bug". This is exactly by design. With the current system you cannot simply mod something already in use. And this is the problem you just experienced, because these sounds are part of the user interface (UI).

UI is loaded before you select a profile and can't be modded, then, because it's to late. Why? Because all the stuff you click through is also "user interface". That's why "-force_mods" was introduced, which will load mods sooner, before the UI is loaded. But this way it's too late for the mod-manger (part of UI), because every mod is already in action anyway, then. So you have to decide.

This is how it works since the introduction of profile-bound mods. Often discussed, nearly as often not understood or simply forgotten. Not thinking of it, immediately, happened to my only yesterday. When you asked.

So I predict the whole topic will soon move to the wish-lists or suggestions area, and to discuss all this here will be fine and heavily on-topic. :D
ohaha

#10 Post by ohaha » 08 Oct 2015 06:27

I think what Max said should suffice, for now. They will look into it.
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “Bugs 1.21”