Next State After New Mexico?

Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Next State After New Mexico?

#41 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 May 2017 16:29

Yes, I thought the same thing. But we don't know yet if the train stations are functional or just drop off/pick up locations like the airports.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
angrybirdseller

#42 Post by angrybirdseller » 20 May 2017 05:36

Airports like Sky Habor and Train Depots will have to act like ferries similar to ETS2. Lots of freight is still hauled by train to Chicago or East Coast then deliveres locally.
TruckSim_dude

#43 Post by TruckSim_dude » 23 May 2017 20:27

angrybirdseller wrote:Airports like Sky Habor and Train Depots will have to act like ferries similar to ETS2. Lots of freight is still hauled by train to Chicago or East Coast then deliveres locally.
One of the reasons I think this could be in the future is that when I was poking around in the map editor (and failing miserably at trying to create Utah), I saw that ferries were an option in the map editor. A remnant from ETS2 simply ported into ATS? Honestly, probably. I think they may be able to find some kind of use for "ferries" in the future.
dubmans

#44 Post by dubmans » 23 May 2017 20:53

well scs leaked a city in the screenshots, las cruces, the giant roadrunner at the reststop west of las cruces, and can scs include the border patrol checkpoint on l 10
Grafsky

#45 Post by Grafsky » 23 May 2017 21:46

I do not care what the state will be important to quickly created new States and we waited years to when this miracle will happen!
Sora

#46 Post by Sora » 24 May 2017 04:33

I know that the Oregon/Washington/New Mexico/Texas thing seems pretty firm, but I'm still strongly holding out hope for Utah. The current shape of the map is extremely awkward, and the addition of Oregon and Washington or Texas would only exacerbate the issue. Because Nevada does not have any major cities in the northeast, it's a bit difficult to actually go there because cargo to and from it is pretty limited and it's not en route to anything like Ehrenberg or something so you don't see it otherwise either. The addition of Utah would make for two small but critical gameplay changes:
  • Salt Lake City: A major city in the northeast section of the map. The mere existence of this city means that you need to travel through Nevada to reach it from California.
  • Access to Isolated Areas: The Page-Kayenta area is rather heavily isolated right now because you can't get to it from other states without doubling back substantially. Getting to these areas from the northeast results in rather substantial detours; an Elko-Page route is almost painful. This also to a lesser extent applies in reverse with eastern Nevada.
Utah may not necessarily be the most exciting state, but there's no question in my mind that it's what the map is in most desperate need of right now. It would not necessarily resolve every issue with the current shape of the map (for example, it would do little directly for New Mexico besides providing a base for Colorado, and the Hornbrook area is still somewhat desolate), but it definitely resolves both the biggest and the most gameplay issues compared to other states. As it is right now, it's pretty much just a gaping hole in the map that cements the reliance of the game on a tiny number of routes.

Of course, Texas would provide a lot of landmass to play with and Oregon would at least help western Nevada out a bit while providing a welcome change of scenery, so you won't see me complaining too much if it ends up being one of those regardless. Still!
angrybirdseller

Re: Next State After New Mexi

#47 Post by angrybirdseller » 24 May 2017 05:53

Utah more important than Texas at this point as Page to Las Vegas would drive to St George and take I-15 to the South. Jackpot to Page need local roads in Tooele to drive south to take I-15 in Nephi is more practical and less headache then driving down to Las Vegas. Utah has big moutian ranges once get near Fillmore and start to hit Watsch Front range.

Utah pretty scenic more so than Nevada got San Raferal Swirl along I-70 like freeway being built thru national park. Then you have large 3000 ft elevation climb from St Geoge to Cedar City along I-15 traveling horizontally.

Utah is 90% urban as 80% population lives along Wastch Front one suburb after another with Salt Lake then Ogden to the south Provo it's all built up suburbs.

After New Mexico square off the map with Utah and Colorado.
flight50

#48 Post by flight50 » 24 May 2017 14:07

Utah and Colorado makes the most since to me as well. Texas offers a huge dlc package though. It's basically a country itself. Loads of landmass and lots of big citiy areas. No mater what direction, it will be a welcomed addition. Finishing off the west coast would also work well before pushing east. California is killing me with the speed limit. I hate driving routes there. It actually forced me to put the game on the back burner in favor of ET2 since Feb. I need long routes that don't always involve Cali.
Last edited by flight50 on 27 May 2017 08:02, edited 2 times in total.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#49 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 May 2017 14:22

Most of the states in the game are already bigger than most EU countries, Texas is just taking the Mick. :P
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Roadkill

#50 Post by Roadkill » 24 May 2017 15:12

What is "taking the Mick"?
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.

Return to “General discussion about the game”