[Questions of European] Retarder & Trailer Brake Controls

-Raiden-

Re: [Questions of European] Retarder & Trailer Brake Control

#21 Post by -Raiden- » 13 Nov 2016 20:02

So about 37 metric tons of payload... that's quite a lot :shock:

So all in all, the overall weight of the truck ends up at about 60 metric tons, assuming that the tractor and trailer are about 10 metric tons each, right?
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile
Max
SCS Software

#22 Post by Max » 13 Nov 2016 20:49

nope, 80ooo lb is for whole vehicle.
its comparable to EU values.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
-Raiden-

#23 Post by -Raiden- » 20 May 2017 13:39

It's still less than I expected. I somehow thought they would even outweigh the heaviest regular trucks in Europe. It's a case of a misleading outer appearance ;)

C.P. wrote: [...] relatively new for us because the US trucking industry is quite slow to spend money on upgrading their equipment.
Is that something that can be said for retarder gearboxes as well?

I mean, if those weren't available in real life, they wouldn't be available in the game, right?
SCS-trucksim veteran - ETS2: since December 2012 / ATS: since release in February 2016 / Several 18WoS parts even before that

My Photo Album (ETS2) | My American Journeys (ATS) | My WoT-profile
CAElite

#24 Post by CAElite » 20 May 2017 18:50

Max wrote:nope, 80ooo lb is for whole vehicle.
its comparable to EU values.
About 10-20% less 80kIb = 36.3kkg. Limit in most European countries is between 40-44kkg (lets just ignore the Scandinavians briefly :D), This is the gross train weight, which is the weight of the tractor, trailer AND payload combined. Payloads tend to only be slightly less though as the American's tend to use lighter constructed trailers, but slightly heavier tractors.

There was talk of increasing the American weight limits to bring them in line roughly with European limits however American labour unions keep it from happening as they worry it will reduce the overall need for drivers.

Outward appearances aside European trucks have always been safer and more capable due to the very strict safety standards implemented, by comparison American trucks are relatively unregulated and as such it is only natural that they can carry less weight without being a danger on the roads.
IVECO - It Vibrates and Everything Comes Off. | DAF - Don't Ask for Features.

World of Trucks

Return to “General discussion about the game”