ATS long term development map - all states, Canada & Mexico

What model makes more sense or is more appealing to you?

"Box styled"
72%
Straight to the east (and then north)
21%
Different - comment
5%
None
1%

Total votes: 166

wolfedg

Re: ATS long term development map - all states, Canada & Mex

#31 Post by wolfedg » 10 Feb 2017 21:21

@solo
That was the case a year or so ago when they were interviewed by Squirrel(IIRC). Whether that remains the case post-rescale is somewhat unknown though I personally think they probably stuck with the 2 teams one for North and one for East.
Chrodazar

#32 Post by Chrodazar » 21 Feb 2017 13:39

Myself if they are only bothering with the USA atm, they should be patching north to south with all states in that update, this random one state at a time is not very smart or practicle especially if they are going to charge for the dlc.

If they sell a dlc containing only one state and not multiple, then I will be walking away from this game because to me with its old engine and graphics, it just is not worth the money I would need to invest over the long term to get all the states...(I bought the dlc for France for the crazy price SCS asked it was only one country...never again)
Vadiv91

#33 Post by Vadiv91 » 21 Feb 2017 16:16

WujekBohun (polish youtuber who's in contact with SCS) confirmed (by confirmed he means the info comes from SCS) that the missing states DLC problem will be solved like this:
If you don't buy New Mexico, but buy Texas, than at the border of Arizona you'll have a transfer point (just like a ferry in ETS2) that will get you to Texas. Same thing with ETS2.
xDope

#34 Post by xDope » 21 Feb 2017 16:53

@Vadiv91 that sounds reasonable if that is the case.
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
BEARlyThereCDN

#35 Post by BEARlyThereCDN » 21 Feb 2017 20:37

Personally, I don't really care what states they release in what order. I would prefer to see them come out in 3-packs every few months. I bought ATS back in April after having tried the demo and fell in love with it. Sadly, I've only fired up the game 2 or 3 times in 2017 because, frankly, I'm bored. If it wasn't for the map mods, I wouldn't have even played it at all since the Holiday Season. Yes, the rescale was awesome, and much needed, but it didn't take me long to explore the new changes (...I do have to stress - very impressive changes!) in Cali, Nevada, and Arizona and be bored again.

Also, the only thing that's going to keep me in ATS will be the cost of the new states. Would I pay $21.99CDN for New Mexico? The same price of the game itself? Nope. Would I pay $21.99CDN for a 3-state pack that will keep me happily trucking for a couple of months? Heck yeah - at least once anyway. Of course I have no idea how much the states DLC's will cost and I just used the current price for Vive la France for ETS2 as a example.

So, I guess it comes down to bang for my buck. How long can SCS hold my attention and maintain my level of entertainment and for how much.
Some bears do it on the highway!
Roadkill

#36 Post by Roadkill » 22 Feb 2017 00:29

Agreed, releasing one state at a time does not offer enough new space to hold my attention. Particularly if it looks like mostly a rubber stamp of the first three states. Releasing three fresh new states would allow enough space and time to revisit older states with a sense of new, by then hopefully a new batch of states will be added.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
Sora

#37 Post by Sora » 23 Feb 2017 00:39

My personal preference would be a compromise between the two: do Utah and Colorado as soon as possible to increase the number of travel options in the current areas, then beeline right to Texas before anything else. Texas would add a lot to the game, between its vast size and relatively diverse ecosystem. Coast access is also a bonus.

After that, fill out Kansas/Oklahoma to make Texas more accessible, and then finally begin working on the Northwest with Oregon/Washington, Idaho/Wyoming, Nebraska/S.Dakota, and then Montana/N.Dakota. At that point you'd have a very large and relatively free map and would be able to go in just about any direction freely and arbitrarily.
Last edited by Sora on 26 Jun 2017 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
canuckster

#38 Post by canuckster » 26 Feb 2017 16:29

Have to agree with this. I honestly don't like the idea of having say a disconnected NE US from the SW US.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.
Roadkill

#39 Post by Roadkill » 22 Mar 2017 11:56

Vadiv91 wrote:WujekBohun (polish youtuber who's in contact with SCS) confirmed (by confirmed he means the info comes from SCS) that the missing states DLC problem will be solved like this:
If you don't buy New Mexico, but buy Texas, than at the border of Arizona you'll have a transfer point (just like a ferry in ETS2) that will get you to Texas. Same thing with ETS2.
If It's true about the transfer points it doesn't make much sense developing states early on that so few will choose to purchase like North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Most of them have one major highway going East/West that truck traffic travels on and the roads so damn straight and flat and skirted by hundreds of miles of corn, wheat, soy and barley fields, you would be nodding and crashing all the way across these wastelands. That's why so many of the old cross country truckers had drug issues. Benzedrine (speed) AKA bennies, pep pills, crosstops or beans were legal, coffee no matter how much you drank just didn't do the trick. So like the wizard of Oz lets just have a pair of ruby red slippers and we'll click three times and you'll hear "You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy" phew, thank god. Or was it the other way around? :lol: For the Dakotas you see Keanu Reeves in a phone booth phreaking and hear a 2600Hz frequency and presto you're on the other side of those wastelands. I think more people went to Woodstock in the sixties than the total Caucasian population of both states combined, seriously. I will avoid them even if they're free just to make sure I can teleport across. My apologies to all the people that live there. Many don't have much of a choice because that's where their Reservation is located. The one thing I did like about those states was the view of the sky at night, it's so flat you can see horizon to horizon 360 degrees.

Disclaimer: All this rambling was meant to be humorous tongue in cheek banter. Except for avoiding those Dakotas, Oklahomas and Nebraskas. No truckers or small furry animals were harmed in the making.[ external image ]
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
angrybirdseller

#40 Post by angrybirdseller » 22 Mar 2017 14:50

South Dakota and North Dakota not all flat driven thru them before once you cross the Missouri River gain elevation gets little hilly with grassy fields and hay bales with few trees. SCS is better off taking their time and building these states with quality. South Dakota should have the same quality as Arizona.

South Dakota mainly its building couple assets like Mt. Rushmore, Corn Palace, 1880 town, Deadwood, Missouri River bridges, State capital, Wall Drug, badlands.

North Dakota -Enchanted Highway-metal art work of grasshoppers, pheasants, deer. Then you have International Peace Garden-bunch of Flowers and ponds right on US and Canada border, then Fargo Air Museum, Geographical Center of North America Monument.

Sure, no need to build skyline in Sioux Falls, or Fargo as there is really none, but be nice to have couple assets.

Just hope people buy state DLC like people buy countries in ETS2. Want quality map we have to willing to pay little bit of money.

Return to “General discussion about the game”