WHY do people do this?

DJSpeedy

Re: WHY do people do this?

#21 Post by DJSpeedy » 26 Jan 2017 02:10

DanRO wrote:You get mad at a 2 euros dlc being leaked
You're missing the point of my post.

Users who have legitimately BOUGHT this DLC feel "slighted" because others are now getting it for free.

Yes, software piracy has been around for decades, but that doesn't give ANYONE the RIGHT to take
a payware item and make it available for free, now does it?
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $211 ($57 with sales)
  • Games owned: 18
  • Games not played: 3 (17%)
  • Hours on record: 1,179.8h
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#22 Post by Mohegan13 » 26 Jan 2017 09:22

I don't feel slighted by it. I fully expected it, sure it's horrible but it's no surprise either.

The whole game is available to pirates as well, how would you not expect a DLC to be?
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
F4R35

#23 Post by F4R35 » 26 Jan 2017 10:14

DJSpeedy wrote:
Users who have legitimately BOUGHT this DLC feel "slighted" because others are now getting it for free.
TBH ,I never felt "slighted" at all ,as Moh said the game is available for free on a lot of torrent sites , it is bad but we can't do anything about it ,
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
IonutL

#24 Post by IonutL » 26 Jan 2017 13:24

You can always do something, but that doesn't mean the issue will be resolved.
Solo_Kamen

#25 Post by Solo_Kamen » 26 Jan 2017 13:59

Moh1336 wrote: The whole game is available to pirates as well, how would you not expect a DLC to be?
Pirates don´t have all the updates and DLC´s as soon as we do..... I pirated ETS2 but I was tired of redownloading the game again and again.... and I also bought almost all other SCS games :D
TwinShadow

#26 Post by TwinShadow » 26 Jan 2017 21:57

Steam games are about the easiest to crack these days. So normally, ETS2 and ATS is sometimes up within hours or even minutes of the latest update coming out. (maybe longer, it really just depends)

I paid for all the DLC I own so I can support SCS' future development. They're one of very few companies I fully support anymore. So what if it gets uploaded on SiteA* or SiteB*, it was going to happen regardless of people protesting about it or not. The ball is in SCS' court on what they wish to do as it is their property and license to pursue.

* - Actual site names won't be mentioned, but I gather people know what I'm talking about.
Pumizo
Beta tester

#27 Post by Pumizo » 26 Jan 2017 22:18

Bora wrote:If someone payed 120 Euro for a MOD there's nothing you can do to help them anyway, they just a lost cause....... :D
Couldn't agree more :evil:

Anyway, I'm around here since the first SCS game and this was always a problem, not only with mods, but also with the game itself. There were many guys that fought hard this issues in the past, 10 years ago there was a blacklist for all the stupid bastards and some of loyal members even turned their back on the community. All because it went out of control and it's really hard to see how some people behave about it. Even in this post, there were already people somehow defending the *ssholes that released the dlc.

I keep saying that this community turned into a mix of jungle with a kindergarden.
rookie31st

#28 Post by rookie31st » 26 Jan 2017 23:31

I guess Denuvo or similar tools are too expensive for small developers like SCS Software...
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Solo_Kamen

#29 Post by Solo_Kamen » 27 Jan 2017 03:40

They already cracked many games with Denuvo, as far as I know. For someone who knows the ancient language of Assembler there is no such thing as a copy protection. :lol:
jaws

#30 Post by jaws » 27 Jan 2017 07:50

rookie31st wrote:
jaws wrote:I think some people forget about the download links that people earn money on.... That is the same as selling a mod.
It is not same. People are not paying for mod, they get it for free. Mod maker gets money from hosting site, not from mod users, for generated traffic and thus ad display. And as Moh1336 said, amount is usually miniscule. If you're interested, I got about $5 USD from ShareMods for sharing my I-Fix mods through their website, and I spent at least 400 hours making them
It is the same, both earn money on something they didnt own rights on. You should only charge money for something you created and not something you just edit. :roll:
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)

Return to “General discussion about the game”