New Mexico? More boring long flat sand roads. Oh boy!

angrybirdseller

Re: New Mexico? More boring long flat sand roads. Oh boy!

#61 Post by angrybirdseller » 15 Mar 2017 13:19

People complaining about straight roads in ATS ever been to South Dakota or New Mexico or even Western USA at all?
TwinShadow

#62 Post by TwinShadow » 15 Mar 2017 22:00

Don't forget Central Texas. Now that's some straight roads...
angrybirdseller

#63 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Mar 2017 19:20

Exactly, roads are straight for reason to save time and safety, Hope to see more straight flat roads since this is not Europe.
RTobi

#64 Post by RTobi » 17 Mar 2017 08:50

Kansas and Oklahoma will be fun
I really hope that some states will look fairly real in the game. I always wondered how it would be to drive in OK or KS for example. Roads being straight, straight and straight lol - https://www.google.com/maps/@36.7201524 ... 6565,9.11z
I guess New Mexico is underrated somehow. I'm sure it has some very beautiful places.
Gazer75

#65 Post by Gazer75 » 18 Mar 2017 14:31

angrybirdseller wrote:Exactly, roads are straight for reason to save time and safety, Hope to see more straight flat roads since this is not Europe.
Strange view. Here roads are not straight for safety reasons.
Long straight roads make it harder to judge distance and drivers are more prone to fall asleep.
angrybirdseller

#66 Post by angrybirdseller » 18 Mar 2017 16:13

Blind curves are very dangerous too and intersection are the most dangerous part of the road. The point trying to make posters never been to USA or Canada the straight road most common where the land supports it. Straighter roads support higher speeds than roads that twist and turn. The point trying to make people except roads like ETS2 not gonna happen its North America.
Roadkill

#67 Post by Roadkill » 19 Mar 2017 13:00

Once you hit Oregon and Washington all that should change. The Cascade mountain range is full of twisting switchbacks in the passes.Oregon coastal highways both North/South and East/ West the same. The Columbia Gorge incredibly scenic as it winds its way East on 84 to Idaho and West on 30 to Astoria from Portland. Washington is even more diverse with Puget Sound and the Ferry systems. The complexity of these two states if modeled correctly will require many new prefabs but they should be able to re-use some from ETS2 now that the re-scale is done. Does it matter in the near future? If you consider the release rate it will be years before we see Seattle, a major shipping port for cargo from China. Truck traffic through these two states has tripled in recent years.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
pigbrother

#68 Post by pigbrother » 19 Mar 2017 15:22

While you're arguing if driving for Los Pollos Hermanos would worth it or not, I just saw that a minute piece of Arizona map was cut in 1.6 Open Beta. East of Holbrook was a Rail Export and a looping road around it, now only the western part of the loop is accessible, the eastern part is blocked and no longer visible on the big map.

Probably the expansion would overlap with that part, so I hope New Mexico expansion will arrived rather sooner than later since they already made a change to accomodate it.
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “General discussion about the game”