SCS Peterbilt 389 Stand up Sleeper is all wrong.

Wildcat270

SCS Peterbilt 389 Stand up Sleeper is all wrong.

#1 Post by Wildcat270 » 22 Mar 2017 03:23

I find it hard to believe that the this truck is based off one from the PACCAR center simply by looking at the exterior and interior. The biggest mistake I've noticed is the hi rise/stand up sleeper. Peterbilt has never manufactured that 78 inch bunk with a window on the driver side and vents only on the passenger side. In real life that sleeper has the window on both sides of the bunk. The other is the fact that it's a new truck and has a DEF or adblue gauge on the dash but no tank for it on the outside. The 680 and 579 do so they are correct. The 389 is not. I hope at some point the sleeper issue will be corrected and a proper interior to match it if it is fixed. Till then only the daycab and flat top are correct. The hi rise/stand up is completely wrong
Wildcat270

Re: SCS Peterbilt 389 Stand up Sleeper is all wrong.

#3 Post by Wildcat270 » 25 Mar 2017 00:16

@drbky Thank you for that pic. That's how it's suppose to look. More proof of what's in the game is wrong. I would like to hear something from someone at SCS about this. Is there photo proof that what's in the game exist in real life? Was it a mistake and are there any plans to correct it? I don't know how Peterbilt would approve such a misrepresentation of their product.
Tiger313

#4 Post by Tiger313 » 26 Mar 2017 07:59

Even though I am by no means a Peterbilt (or any other truck brand) expert, I find "never" a hard to believe word. If you go to a dealership, bring a big enough wad of cash and tell them you want to buy a truck but really do NOT want that extra window, there's a good chance they modify the cab with vents only instead of the window. There are plenty of reasons for the prospective truck owner to do so: not wanting to kick the window out when you're tall, not wanting that extra burglar entry point, etc. And truck manufacturers will do a lot to meet said prospective truck owner's demands as long as they get paid. Customer is king, remember?
EricF

#5 Post by EricF » 26 Mar 2017 12:05

Peterbilt's brochure http://www.peterbilt.com/resources/Broc ... ochure.pdf shows the sleeper with a full-height access/escape door with just a vent on the driver side, and some other variations of windows on either side in other illustrations. But it doesn't go into all the possibilities for options. I can see where deleting the window could be desirable. Windows are just "holes" that leech heat in or out of the cab -- not always desirable in some climates. Between factory options and custom work, there are probably quite a few variations.

Return to “General discussion about the game”