Seriouly, where is the HOSE and ELECTRICAL line already?

Slickknife

Seriouly, where is the HOSE and ELECTRICAL line already?

#1 Post by Slickknife » 27 Mar 2017 01:16

Hello, this will be my first thread, discussion, whatever, etc. All I can say is that I really like this game/ simulator. But the one thing that has been bugging me, besides other editions that could always come into the future, is the connection to the trailer. Where are the HOSES and ELECTRICAL line already? It's been driving me insane. You can't even drive a truck in real life without them, so why are they not in the game. That is all, thank you.
SkGe

Re: Seriouly, where is the HOSE and ELECTRICAL line already?

#2 Post by SkGe » 12 Apr 2017 12:25

The HOSES are on the back of the tractor head so you can't see them from inside. And when you connect a trailer to your truck is connected by SCS magic trick. So yes, magic exist.
Belan

#3 Post by Belan » 14 Apr 2017 00:06

You were right the first time, it's a game, not a simulator.
Your bad English is a lot better than Google Translate
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Apr 2017 00:39

Slickknife wrote:Where are the HOSES and ELECTRICAL line already? You can't even drive a truck in real life without them, so why are they not in the game. That is all, thank you.
All that has been explained in numerous threads on the board so I won't repeat it all, but the reason they are not in the game is that they are not necessary for the purposes of the game. The bottom line is that even though SCS put "simulator" in the name, it's a game. And the reason it doesn't have every detail of real life in it is that it's not really practical to do that. Specially for a small company.

If you want to read some of the previous discussions about this sort of thing, and there are lots of good ones, look at the threads in the suggestions forum.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Max
SCS Software

#5 Post by Max » 14 Apr 2017 07:34

i posted this last summer.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=129589&p=618315&hi ... ty#p618315

not that much changed since then. its still lower priority task.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
foamfollower

#6 Post by foamfollower » 11 May 2017 13:24

Yet Valentines day paint is SUPER DUPER important to the quality of the simulation, lol. I could have easily lived without the liftable axles also. Waste of time and effort imo.
TwinShadow

#7 Post by TwinShadow » 11 May 2017 21:20

Yeah, I agree with Max on his explanation.

They're just simply unnecessary for the game and really aren't needed. I don't believe SCS is trying to make a hyper-realistic simulator, which is damn near impossible to do for any gaming studio anyway.
Tiger313

#8 Post by Tiger313 » 11 May 2017 21:26

foamfollower wrote:Yet Valentines day paint is SUPER DUPER important to the quality of the simulation, lol. I could have easily lived without the liftable axles also. Waste of time and effort imo.
Liftable axles actually do something for the gameplay, and while Christmas and Valentine's Day aren't my favourite subjects, one can not have enough paintjobs. :P
wolfedg

#9 Post by wolfedg » 12 May 2017 00:14

@foam
While this has been explained many times it no doubt important to be mentioned again that the individuals working on the paintjobs are not likely the same people making maps and programming game mechanics. Thus the argument that SCS is wasting time on them is invalid because the paintjobs are in no way hindering other projects.
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 12 May 2017 01:53

foamfollower wrote:Yet Valentines day paint is SUPER DUPER important to the quality of the simulation, lol. I could have easily lived without the liftable axles also. Waste of time and effort imo.
Valentines Day is not important to the game, but production funding is. There are a lot of people here who buy these small DLC's even though they may not actually want them, because they know doing so supports the people who are making a lot of the good stuff SCS makes, including all the stuff they are always giving to players for free. But if you don't like them, nobody is forcing you to buy them. Myself, since I don't use Steam and thus can't buy these DLC's, I buy something else instead, such as older titles to give to friends as gifts. I believe that if you like SCS games, you should contribute to producing them.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “General discussion about the game”