Telemetry/channel list

av8or1

Telemetry/channel list

#1 Post by av8or1 » 17 May 2017 17:42

Hi-

I have begun to experiment with the ATS/ETS SDK. Via the examples I see a considerably lengthy list of defined/known/recognized channels about which one can receive data through the SDK. That said, I have completed a morning-long search to find documentation - other than within the C++ code - that lists the entire set of supported/defined channels. I could have missed it, but I did search prior to posting. So I'd like to respectfully ask: is there such a list? I did find something regarding configuration in the Wiki docs, but that seemed more for modding than it did for the SDK. I'm just interested in monitoring the data as the game progresses. One item of particular interest is any damage information. I've seen this in the game but can't find any associated channels.

Thanks,
Jerry
Max
SCS Software

Re: Telemetry/channel list

#2 Post by Max » 17 May 2017 19:40

documentation and examples are included inside the archive linked on this page.

http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documen ... /Telemetry
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
av8or1

#3 Post by av8or1 » 17 May 2017 21:57

Hi Max,

Ok thank you for the link. I have seen that documentation, but there really isn't a telemetry/channel list in there, at least not that I could find anyway. The only documentation regarding which channels are available through the SDK comes from the C++ header files. I was hoping to see a Wiki page that was kept current by the SCS folk; you know, a list of channels that corresponds to what is defined in the SDK (current version = 1.9) C++ headers. If folk like me can contribute to the Wiki, maybe I'll make one. :)

Anyway thanks. At this point I am operating on the conclusion that all supported channels (where a channel is a "path" to a specific piece of telemetry data) are shown in the C++ headers. Ergo, if it ain't there, then SCS doesn't make that data available to you.

Best,
Jerry
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 18 May 2017 05:41

as the headers are used to compile the telemetry its exact, reliable, and actual list of what can be used in current version always. all channels and configs that exist are mentioned and documented.

and honestly, i do not see reason to copy out them on any other place - its additional work and only could bring some inaccuracies, errors and requires regular checks and updates. anyone who wants to make telemetry plugins should be able to read info from the headers anyway .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
av8or1

#5 Post by av8or1 » 18 May 2017 15:26

Well I understand your point regarding duplication and potential errors therein but that argument could be made about lots of things. I mean all documentation becomes stale at some point or other. And what is there now is indirect documentation in the sense that if there weren't any examples, then no documentation would exist. I see value in cohesive documentation for such things, but hey, whichever. It's only a minor hassle to search through all of the various headers to get the information you need. That said, it would be nice if there was at least something in the Wiki pages that told you this. Ergo that said something like: "the list of all channels that are currently supported by SCS can be found in the example C++ header files."

But anyway, I digress. Thank you for the prompt replies.

Jerry
Pendotraher

#6 Post by Pendotraher » 22 May 2017 18:40

I want write Self-Driving Car but Telemetry SDK seems is useless for it.

1. It is possible to get road view from cabin as image?
2. Get nearest road signs?
3. Convert game map to any navigation standard map?
Tiger313

#7 Post by Tiger313 » 25 May 2017 19:06

Just out of curiosity: why would you want a self-driving car? Just sit there and watch the landscape go by, instead of actively participating in traffic? It's beyond me... :?
Pendotraher

#8 Post by Pendotraher » 26 May 2017 10:39

AI for Autonomous Vehicle
Last edited by Flemming V on 26 May 2017 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Please don't quote post right above.
Tiger313

#9 Post by Tiger313 » 26 May 2017 14:43

But there are autonomous vehicles in the game already: they're the "other" cars and trucks and buses. Isn't it a bit pointless to make your own truck drive autonomously? I mean: the whole point of this game is to drive a truck, right? Not to watch how someone/something else drives your truck for you? :shock:
Pendotraher

#10 Post by Pendotraher » 26 May 2017 16:10

No, game is testbed for Self-Driving Car AI.
p.s. an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6H2eGEvzvw
Last edited by Centrino2 on 27 May 2017 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules

Return to “General discussion about the game”