Next State After New Mexico?

pigbrother

Re: Next State After New Mexico?

#61 Post by pigbrother » 26 May 2017 06:14

Facebook "On this day" was kind enough to remind me that one year ago we saw Arizona for the first time in ATS 1.3 Public Beta. C'mon, SCS, hurry up with NM. :(
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#62 Post by Mohegan13 » 26 May 2017 08:09

No point being too impatient. You know the next DLC is the heavies and the next big point update is doubles. :P
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Sora

#63 Post by Sora » 27 May 2017 04:46

flight50 wrote:California is killing me with the speed limit. I hate driving routes there. It actually forced me to but the game on the back burner in favor of Et2 since Feb. I need long route that don't always involve Cali.
You and me both. That's another great thing about Utah and New Mexico here; both of them have fairly high speed limits and are nowhere near California. Washington and Oregon aren't exactly much better in this regard. UT/NM also have generally lower gas prices as well, although admittedly that much is more of a mental thing since money isn't really that big of a deal in this game.

If not for a personal appreciation for the northwest, I'd be totally fine with just going east for a while and getting my long route fix with NM-UT-CO-TX. The latter two should be distinct enough from the current states, anyway.
crow357

#64 Post by crow357 » 27 May 2017 22:37

flight50 wrote:California is killing me with the speed limit. I hate driving routes there.
I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'm from California and had no idea there as a 55 limit for trucks. I'm pretty sure I've never seen one going 55 except uphill or in a traffic jam.
pigbrother

#65 Post by pigbrother » 28 May 2017 05:58

Don't drive in Europe then, most of our freeways have a 50 or 55 mph speed limit for trucks. :D
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Tigerclaw

#66 Post by Tigerclaw » 28 May 2017 11:23

Seriously? Moaning about a 55mph limit, so you prefer Europe? I take it you're not aware that MOST of Europe has a 56mph limit hard wired in the Trucks :lol:

What is this fascination with speed in Trucks? I really don't get it :lol:

I DO however agree ATS is getting a bit boring now, driving the same roads all the time. But to be honest, that's pretty much what driving-for-a-living is really like, same 'ol roads day in day out. Things may be different in the USA, but I bet MOST trucking jobs use the same routes daily.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)
Tony
TruckSim_dude

#67 Post by TruckSim_dude » 28 May 2017 18:24

On the topic of speed limits, Cali's 55 feels so slow and bleh to me.

On the topic of states, I would like to see a state order akin to NM-UT-OR-WA-CO-TX-ID-WY-MT for the "western block" of states. It keeps the map in a reasonable shape for the most part (maybe put Colorado before Oregon and Washington if that's your biggest concern), will roll out some new scenery with Oregon and Washington, and is also more time-efficient (Texas is bigger than France, so it could take well over a year). I justify the placement of Texas in this order because even though it will take eternity to finish (which is why it is one of the last), it is a high-demand state (which is why it comes before ID-WY-MT).
Sora

#68 Post by Sora » 29 May 2017 15:44

It's all about relativity. Drive down a highway at 75mph in real life for a while, and then even slowing down to the still-quite-fast 60mph feels like you've slowed to a complete crawl. Conversely, you can spend a lot of time in the feeder driving at 45mph, and once you finally get the chance to drive 60mph it's as fast as you can imagine.

ATS currently has three states: Arizona's typical freeway limit is around 70, as is Nevada's... and then California is a steep 15mph drop from that. Even if you're still technically going quite fast, compared to what you're coming into the state from, it sure doesn't feel that way. Combine this with the fact that California is a very linear (and thus especially repetitive) state that's also pretty much mandatory for long routes, and the drop gets old very quickly. It's appropriate that California has low limits, but until we get more states like New Mexico, Texas, and Utah that make California more of a voluntary decision, it's probably going to continue being a mild annoyance.
flight50

#69 Post by flight50 » 29 May 2017 17:26

pigbrother wrote:Don't drive in Europe then, most of our freeways have a 50 or 55 mph speed limit for trucks. :D
Lol, I have noticed from ET2. I speed any way as I need some way to rid of my money. I push it about 4 to 5 miles over. If Time is not in my favor of the shorter rest period compared to ATS, then I push 60-65 on the straighter roads. All in all, there is much more road way to roam in ET2 so usually the speed limit is not the same for me. Plus it's just different customs that is interesting. I try avoiding world of truck contracts due to this 55mph limit as well. I really hope they suprise us and sneek in Utah and Colorado. In my opinion, it does not take a full year for one state. The game will go down hill unfortunately if this is true. The U.S. Is no small order and it's possible too much was bitten off the cookie. We love our big trucks and we are getting teased in a sense. I am starting to lose patinence myself.

@Tigerclaw, I don't prefer ET2 at all. It's just more complete. Actually I am not fond of the aesthetics of the Euro truck but is just the style over there. But its the closest to getting into an International or Freightliner cabover in which I grew very fond of as a kid. Previously speeding in ET2, I only got caught by speed cams but now there are cops to get you as well. Either way, anything under 60-65mph is just torture, lol.
bobgrey1997

#70 Post by bobgrey1997 » 30 May 2017 21:56

You know, just because I feel like it, I think Hawaii will be next!

Return to “General discussion about the game”