Next State After New Mexico?

TruckSim_dude

Next State After New Mexico?

#1 Post by TruckSim_dude » 17 May 2017 18:03

So, I'm really hyped for New Mexico (because I think it's almost here), and I was wondering what state SCS will do next.

Some people think Oregon or even Texas is next, but I'm about 99.98% sure the next state will be Utah. I believe this because of Utah's location, the Utah sign asset already in-game, the Easter egg up by Kayenta, and the fact that Utah and Colorado were on the leaked developer's map (some of you may now know what I'm talking about, but there was a map from SCS left in the game files that had the New Mexico cities and roads on it, as well as the main highways in future Utah and Colorado; this map was found in the game files and leaked onto the Steam forum, revealing the NM cities).

After Utah (patience is a virtue, my friends), I think the next state is either Oregon or Colorado (my prediction is pretty much 50/50, but leaning towards Colorado because of the leaked map).

So. What do you think is next?
Axel Slingerland

Re: Next State After New Mexico?

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 May 2017 18:39

What do I think is next? More speculation, of course. To find out what SCS is actually doing, read the SCS Blog. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
TruckSim_dude

#3 Post by TruckSim_dude » 17 May 2017 19:03

Checkin' the SCS Blog every day, waiting for New Mexico.

I didn't find any other state speculation threads, so I just made one for fun. :)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 May 2017 19:05

I speculate that the next state after New Mexico will be the 5th state to be added to the game. :D
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Shurpecks

#5 Post by Shurpecks » 17 May 2017 19:59

:lol:
Last edited by Centrino2 on 17 May 2017 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
TruckSim_dude

#6 Post by TruckSim_dude » 17 May 2017 20:42

Moh1336 wrote:I speculate that the next state after New Mexico will be the 5th state to be added to the game. :D
Unless... they release Puerto Rico. Then it will the be first territory, not the 5th state. *mind-blown*
Shurpecks

#7 Post by Shurpecks » 18 May 2017 06:48

In nostalgically memory of 18 WoS, there were a 3 group of states - North, Center and South (you could choose one of them in gameplay settings).

First, i thought that they are suppose to make "center" group an going east to I-40 and I-70, after that "south" group to I-10 and finnaly, as a cherry on cake, "north" group to I-90 and I-94.

By all "indications" (Easter egg with Utah sign and Monumental Valley paintjob on 589), after NM they release Utah and Colorado (i suggest, that they allredy have some progress there even before game release)

If they decided go east to I-40 or I-10 next should be Texas anyway, because both freeway cross it (in Texas Peterbilt factory also :roll: )

If on I-70 - than they shold be release Utah (why they release NM first? NM crossing I-10 and I-40)

If they decided to finish West Coast first, than should be Oregon and Washington (because NM it's allredy Midwest, Utah and Colorado too)

Anyway, as a Moh1336 said " after New Mexico will be the 5th state to be added to the game." :D
pigbrother

#8 Post by pigbrother » 18 May 2017 07:10

I remember vaguely that Texas was supposed to be the next state after New Mexico, but I can't say clearly if was just a rumour or an information slipped in an kinda old SCS interview.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Shurpecks

#9 Post by Shurpecks » 18 May 2017 07:26

pigbrother wrote:I remember vaguely that Texas was supposed to be the next state after New Mexico, but I can't say clearly if was just a rumour or an information slipped in an kinda old SCS interview.
To be honest - i'll be happy if it is. I'm sick of the desert landscape too, but in Texas speed limit 85 mph, Peterbilt factory and i can take a dry van with Coors beer from Texarcana :)(i hope devs do it possible)

And to the east from Texas allready "green" landscapes - in Louisiana on I-10 or Oklahoma, Arkansas and Tennessee on I-40)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#10 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 May 2017 08:37

In the interview with Pavel just before ATS released, he said the next states will be New Mexico, Texas, Oregon, and Washington. He said they plan to work with two teams one going East the other North.

It was never stated which order the states would release, but if they have two teams then a Northern state after makes NM makes sense. However this was before ATS released, any thing could have changed since then.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “General discussion about the game”