[ external image ]
Rule [5.4.2]
Follow me on Twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/homburg
Join my Discord @ https://discord.gg/XbtnazF
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Next State After New Mexico?

#33 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 May 2017 09:33

That's the old map pre-rescale. The one in 1.5 public build showed the rescaled map. It had all of NM shown with both major and minor roads as well as the planned cities.

The roads in Utah/Colorado were just the main interstates that would connect NM/Arizona to the Northern States Washington/Oregon/Idaho, which gave me the impression it was just a reference point for where interstates need to connect. I wouldn't rate it as 100% proof, heck I wouldn't rate it as 60% proof.

It's just speculation based on a on reference material. Simple fact is; no one other than the Devs have any clue what is coming next. The only information we have was that interview where Pavel mentioned the 4 states and that it was set in stone. But again that was pre-rescale and pre-game launch.

For all we know Tijuana is next. :lol:

Personally I would like to see Texas as I have a lot of friends who live there. :)
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Shurpecks

#34 Post by Shurpecks » 19 May 2017 10:14

Moh1336 wrote:
Personally I would like to see Texas :)
Well, if Piva wright about Utah and Colorado, looks like devs choosed a regional approach:
[ external image ]

So called "West" which including West Coast and group of Mountain States, which'll be finished to the summer or autumn 2018 (isn't sure about Wayoming - very hard landscape)

Of cource if still working 2 separated team :roll:
piva

#35 Post by piva » 19 May 2017 10:22

For me most interest - new Italy DLC mountain roads. This will be faster than Wyoming DLC :lol:
Shurpecks

#36 Post by Shurpecks » 19 May 2017 10:29

Well, most of mountains in Italy on the north, which allready in the game (but of cource rework is harder, than do from scratch)

In Toscana allredy "hills" and for the south they can take 90% models and prepharbs from DLC Arizona :mrgreen:
Last edited by Centrino2 on 19 May 2017 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#37 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 May 2017 10:30

IF they did get two teams. I am really hoping that by Xmas 2018 we have 4 new states (including NM).

As much as I would like Texas, that block style is more appealing from a game play perspective. So having NM, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho as the next four seems the most logical. Yes Utah. Colorado, and either Wyoming or Idaho could work too. I'm looking forward to seeing their approach.

But I was thinking, do we need to take DLC areas into account? From a DLC > DLC connection perspective Oregon/Washington/Idaho all connect to California/Nevada which are base game and free dlc respectively.

But if they go Utah/Colorado then Colorado will require Utah or NM to get to it (solved if they release it as a double pack). From a game logistics purpose, not releasing content that will require DLC is the safer and smarter way to go. It gives them more time to discuss DLC to DLC states and find the best solution for people who don't buy all the maps.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
piva

#38 Post by piva » 19 May 2017 10:33

Moh1336 wrote:It gives them more time to discuss DLC to DLC states and find the best solution for people who don't buy all the maps.
I agree with you.
Shurpecks

#39 Post by Shurpecks » 19 May 2017 10:48

Moh1336 wrote: find the best solution for people who don't buy all the maps.
I thought about that... But in this case they should be choose a C2C aprroach.

For example - West Coast and part of East Coast (NY, New Jersey and Virginia) included to the base game.

They connect each other by I-40, I-70 and maybe I-90 and the cities on them (like in free part of Going East DLC in ETS2 for example)

For example when you drive by I-40 in little peace of Texas, you exactly will want to buy "Texas DLC", but you can not want to buy Kansas or South Dakota DLC.

I isn't sure that a lot of people would bought DLC Arizona if I-40, which cross it, would be included in base game (Because Phoenix, Tucson, Nogalez and Sierra-Vista without possible drive to Mexico? I don't think so)

In existing approach you waiting each state for a long time and ready to buy any, beyond reasonable doubts, IMO.
TruckSim_dude

#40 Post by TruckSim_dude » 19 May 2017 16:13

Moh1336 wrote:But if they go Utah/Colorado then Colorado will require Utah or NM to get to it (solved if they release it as a double pack). From a game logistics purpose, not releasing content that will require DLC is the safer and smarter way to go. It gives them more time to discuss DLC to DLC states and find the best solution for people who don't buy all the maps.
I'm pretty sure that's why they're adding train stations in New Mexico. If you don't have all the DLCs and you want to drive around the East Coast, just hop on a train in Albuquerque and get off in NYC.

Return to “General discussion about the game”