Improve the scales system, trailers.

Cahel

Improve the scales system, trailers.

#1 Post by Cahel » 17 May 2017 20:06

Now that the new DLC Heavy cargo arrives in the American truck, I would like to improve the trailer system and the more advanced scale.
I think the system is very basic, this video shows that it is necessary to move the axles of the trailer and comply with a weight per axle.

It would be very entertaining to see the axle weight.
Sliding Tandem Axles.
[ external image ]
flight50

Re: Improve the scales system, trailers.

#2 Post by flight50 » 21 May 2017 13:18

The problem with your wish that I see, is that we have no control over load weight. If there is a problem, we can not fix it. Taking it back to the shipper waste time. Fixing it other wise, waste time. At some point, we have to realize, it is a video game. There are loads of wants out there that are as if this is real life. If every wish got granted, it would take away so much. The causal gamer would be lost. Let them focus on issues such as adding states much quicker and getting us new trucks. Then they can go back and polish up things later. We need the core game completed. This game has massive potential if they can complete the lower 48. Add in Canada and Mexico possibly and they got a gold mine. To have a North American map to roam, I would spend a nice chuck of change over the years.
Last edited by flight50 on 22 May 2017 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger313

Re: Improve the scales system, trailers.

#3 Post by Tiger313 » 21 May 2017 13:58

It's a good idea, and you're not the only one who's mentioned it. It adds to realism, and could give trailer brakes a purpose for those who don't bother using it now. But I think it is safe to say this MIGHT be on a to-do list for SCS, but it won't have high priority.

You would need the game to figure out the mass and the centre of gravity of each truck, trailer and load. Even invisible loads in closed trailers. That also means that every single truck upgrade will have to have a specific weight. Then you would have to divide each scale into separate pieces/areas/surfaces, which would then have to weigh each axle/set of axles separately. Loads of extra calculations, people with slow computers might not like it.

Also, you'd have to visit a CAT scale close to where you just picked up your load, as you have to adjust your trailer's axles before you pass a DOT/DMV operated weigh station. This would mean that current CAT scales would have to be relocated away from their current locations and into/very close to the areas where you pick up your load. Loads of work for the map making/landscaping/whatchamacallit team, and people are already moaning about new map DLC not rolling out fast enough.

Added to that, there has to be a visual aspect to it: you'd need to be able to see your trailer doing the sliding thing. So I'm not sot seeing this come along anytime soon. After all, SCS ditched truck washes as well (or put it on back burner).

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”